+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINGAPORE PCC/COC (Certificate of Clearance)

cric100

Dec 12, 2012
CNYCAD said:
Thank you Cric100,

Very useful information. Gathering from what you've shared, I'm not going to wait for a reply from the Bejing Visa office for a specifically addressed Sample Letter and just use the Visa Office's request for additional information as my evidence for a Singaporean COC. Thanks for the advice!
Hi,

I wrote a mail to CIC (email given below) and this is what they replied me back. This will give you some idea about the process.I can not attach the Appeal form and application form here , Otherwise I would have given it to you.

The application form has a section (see below), There you can mention your application Number/File number ( these numbers you will get only after getting AOR from CIC)

COC Requesting Authority: _________________________________________________________

SPF CID COC (SPF) <SPF_CID_COC@spf.gov.sg>
Jan 10

to me
Dear Mr XYZ

The Government Policy regarding ceasing issuing the Certificate of Clearance (COC) for non-Singapore Citizens remains the same since 18 October 2010.

However, in instances where the Migration Authorities have rejected the Statutory Declaration of an applicant and provided the applicant with an official letter bearing his/her name and file reference number from Migration Authorities requesting for a police clearance from Singapore there is an option.

The applicant may submit an appeal to our HEAD CRIMINAL RECORDS, CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT. The appeal will be on a case by case basis.

Please note that the following need to be submitted along with your appeal.

The appeal to issue a police clearance to non citizens will be taken into consideration by the HEAD OFFICER CRIMINAL RECORDS. If your appeal is successful, the other requirements will be needed to complete the application for the police clearance.

Firstly,
1 Complete the attached appeal form
2 Submit a photocopy of your present valid passport and Identification card.
3 Photocopy of documentary proof to establish your period of stay in Singapore for a continuous period of six months or more. (E.g. work permit identification card, testimonial letter from school or employer, arrival & departure endorsement in passport etc). Please verify and declare for your period of stay in Singapore.
4 An official letter from the Migration Department/Foreign Authorities bearing applicants name/file reference number with an assigned case officer that a police clearance is required.

Secondly,
If the appeal is successful, you will be notified via this email and the following documents need to be sent to complete the application:

1 Full set of fingerprint impressions to be taken by the local police in your country of residence.
2 Two recent passport size photographs
3 A payment of $50/- SGD to be made payable to ‘HEAD CRIMINAL RECORDS CID’ via bank draft or Singapore Bank cheque.
4 Completed application form.

If you are mailing your application, it is advisable to send all of the two together in one package so that once the appeal is approved; we can immediately commence the processing of the clearance. If the police clearance is granted, it will be sent directly to the requesting authority and will not be released to applicant.

For more information and enquiries, please call us at +65 64358275/7 or +65 65573985. Thank you.

CNYCAD

Oct 30, 2013
cric100 said:
Hi,

I wrote a mail to CIC (email given below) and this is what they replied me back. This will give you some idea about the process.I can not attach the Appeal form and application form here , Otherwise I would have given it to you.

The application form has a section (see below), There you can mention your application Number/File number ( these numbers you will get only after getting AOR from CIC)

COC Requesting Authority: _________________________________________________________

SPF CID COC (SPF) <SPF_CID_COC @ spf.gov.sg>
Jan 10

to me
Dear Mr XYZ

The Government Policy regarding ceasing issuing the Certificate of Clearance (COC) for non-Singapore Citizens remains the same since 18 October 2010.

However, in instances where the Migration Authorities have rejected the Statutory Declaration of an applicant and provided the applicant with an official letter bearing his/her name and file reference number from Migration Authorities requesting for a police clearance from Singapore there is an option.

The applicant may submit an appeal to our HEAD CRIMINAL RECORDS, CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT. The appeal will be on a case by case basis.

Please note that the following need to be submitted along with your appeal.

The appeal to issue a police clearance to non citizens will be taken into consideration by the HEAD OFFICER CRIMINAL RECORDS. If your appeal is successful, the other requirements will be needed to complete the application for the police clearance.

Firstly,
1 Complete the attached appeal form
2 Submit a photocopy of your present valid passport and Identification card.
3 Photocopy of documentary proof to establish your period of stay in Singapore for a continuous period of six months or more. (E.g. work permit identification card, testimonial letter from school or employer, arrival & departure endorsement in passport etc). Please verify and declare for your period of stay in Singapore.
4 An official letter from the Migration Department/Foreign Authorities bearing applicants name/file reference number with an assigned case officer that a police clearance is required.

Secondly,
If the appeal is successful, you will be notified via this email and the following documents need to be sent to complete the application:

1 Full set of fingerprint impressions to be taken by the local police in your country of residence.
2 Two recent passport size photographs
3 A payment of $50/- SGD to be made payable to ‘HEAD CRIMINAL RECORDS CID' via bank draft or Singapore Bank cheque.
4 Completed application form.

If you are mailing your application, it is advisable to send all of the two together in one package so that once the appeal is approved; we can immediately commence the processing of the clearance. If the police clearance is granted, it will be sent directly to the requesting authority and will not be released to applicant.

For more information and enquiries, please call us at +65 64358275/7 or +65 65573985. Thank you.
Thanks CRIC100,

I think we've covered everything you've mentioned in our application. DHL has confirmed that it has been received so, here's to hoping the BJ Visa office receives it in ~15 working days!

Appreciate it.

red_gatsby

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Hi Folks,

So did anyone here tried sending in a statutory declaration to CIC and got rejected then apply for Singapore COC with the rejected letter?
From what I read, SPF only issues COC if CIC rejected the statutory declaration and if you included an official letter stated they needed it with your name/case number etc in it?
Did any non-citizen manage to get a COC without the official letter and just by sending in the application form and appeal letter?
Thanks

boggz

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila (as of 20 Nov 13 from SGVO) (Manitoba PNP)
Doc's Request.
15-08-2014 Answer to Fairness Letter submitted
Nomination.....
06-12-2011
AOR Received.
18-05-2012 (CIC)
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
23-07-2012 (SGVO), 20-11-2013 Transfered SGVO to Manila
Med's Request
17-12-2013 / Further MR for daughter (GDD) 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
red_gatsby said:
Hi Folks,

So did anyone here tried sending in a statutory declaration to CIC and got rejected then apply for Singapore COC with the rejected letter?
From what I read, SPF only issues COC if CIC rejected the statutory declaration and if you included an official letter stated they needed it with your name/case number etc in it?
Did any non-citizen manage to get a COC without the official letter and just by sending in the application form and appeal letter?
Thanks
CIC is not accepting statutory declaration. Once your application was approved and forwarded to respective visa office, after number of months (depends on processing days of VO) you will receive your MR and RPRF via email (sometime by snail mail), they will include the letter from the embassy and the other forms/requirements/information that you need to complete in 60 days. Even the office hour and requirements in spf are included on those attachments. You will attach that embassy letter together with your coc form when you visit the spf coc office.

dhana

Mar 12, 2013
Hello,

Thanks for all the information, it's been very helpful.
I'm just wondering, would SPF know where to send the COC after it's been processed? Since there is no address of Canadian Immigration they should send it too (Although there is the address in the signature of the requesting email from CPC-CTD-Ottawa)

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Dhana

cancerscorpio

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2013
AOR Received.
July 3, 2013
File Transfer...
July 19, 2013
Med's Request
Re-med June 9, 2014
Med's Done....
May 17, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2014, Decision Made: July 19, 2014 Visa on Hand: July 24, 2014 Thank you Lord!
LANDED..........
July 26, 2014
cric100 said:

What if the appeal was not approved and you already paid the bank draft, that fee is non-refundable. Wouldn't it be practical to just submit the appeal through email first, and then once it's approved, you can send the other required documents + bank draft?

Rajcanada

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
Toronto, May 2015
Dear Friends,

Hope some of you had gone thru my situations, please help.

1.I got the medical and PPR on 5th June 2013. Submitted all on july 23 2013.Spouse was added during this time.

2. I was asked for medical furtherence(since my BP was little high) on September, and submitted

all the documents in September itself.
3. Again my marriage photos and questionairre was asked on October 2013, and was submitted on Nov 2013.

4.Thereafter mine and my wife's singapore COC was requested on Feb 2014. This was submitted on April 2014.

5. After singapore COC submission how much time it will take for DM. Will they start the security check ONLY now. I am worried coz our medicals expire on July 7 2014.

Thanks,
Rajesh

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am March 2014 CEC applicant. Below are my timelines
Application submitted 21-MAR-2014  AOR 11th Apr -2014
PCC submitted in Aug – 2014 for India, UK and Bahrain.
Medical Request: 30 th Sep 2014  Medical completed  06-OCT-2014
Medical uploaded: 08th Oct -2014
Since Oct 11th “Medical results have been received”
RPRF requested : 28th Oct 2014 Paid and submitted same day.

Current Status since Nov 9th
• We received your application for permanent residence on March 21, 2014.
• We started processing your application on November 6, 2014.
• Medical results have been received.
Questions:
I lived in Singapore from Dec 2002 to Feb 2004 and requested appeal letter from CIC in Mar-2014 along with the application and also in Aug-2014 along with the PCC submission. Nothing from CIC yet but my application is on track. I checked with the lawyer and he said the chances of PCC is very dim because this is more then 10 year old. Is there any workaround to obtain COC without request letter from CIC?

I applied for electronic copy of GCMS to validate this information. (Applied 23th Oct 2014)

ahm_bd

Sep 11, 2014
Hi Seniors,

I stayed and worked in Singapore for 2 years. Now, I'm settled in Bangladesh staying here for last 5 years.

Recently, I just received the Letter from CIC Singapore requesting the COC Letter from Singapore.

My confusion regarding the COC receiving:

In CIC website under the Singapore Police clearance section, it is written that,
"The Certificate of Clearance (COC) will be mailed directly to the Canadian immigration office requesting the certificate."

In the Appeal Application form, I found spaces to be filled with address(1st page):

Postal Address: what address should I put here? My local residential address in Bangladesh, or High Commission of Canada in Singapore?

Secondly, are they going to send the COC documents directly to High Commission of Canada in Singapore directly, or at my mentioned postal address? Should I tell my friends in Singapore to pick it up for me?

I would highly appreciate if anyone could help me clear my confusion and advice me what to do regarding this.

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hi Ahn_bd,

I would suggest you to please provide your address. Now a days SPF is directly mail COC to the applicant's address. Alternatively, this can be picked up by dummy. Please fill the dummy information requested on the last page of the form.

In the CIC request letter. Did they provided any mailing address?

Can you please share your timelines?

ahm_bd

Sep 11, 2014
Hi ra07980,
I have already done that. I think I will have to request someone to pick it up for me.

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
ahm_bd said:
Hi ra07980,
I have already done that. I think I will have to request someone to pick it up for me.
Hi Ahm,

Can you please let me know the current status of Singapore COC?

Regards,
Rajat

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
dear friends,

I sent all documents and letter from CIC in requesting singapore PCC..but unfortunately i forgot to fill the appeal form, It was received on july 16th..what to do now? Ive sent email to COC but i receive no reply until now, please help..give me advise, thanks