29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Hi Khun Canthai,
I had a few documents translated already when I was in Thailand, ie. My daughter's birth certificate, our marriage certificate. I had to give copies of these already to the Canadian Embassy for an application for Citizenship for her. Are you suggesting that I have these copies notarized for the Sponsorship application? Does it matter if it is a Thai or Canadian notary?
thanks.

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
khun thaihubbie,
All documents must be in English since your application is sent to Canada and Singapore for review and there are English speaking people (IO's) working there. No, it doesn't matter if it's Canadian or Thai notary, as long as it is legal it will be fine.

canthai

p.s. where did you go for your daughter's birth certificate? my spouse needs a copy of hers and we need to go somewhere to get one! thx!

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Khun Canthai,
When my daughter was born my husband had to arrange for her birth certificate before they would allow us to take her from the hospital. First he had to get my Canadian passport translated and then with the documents given from the hospital he went to City Hall-Birth Registration. It all went smoothly only one funny glitch they would only allow her to have one name, so no middle name for her:)! My husband's birth certificate was another story. His mother located it amongst all her papers but is completely faded, torn and disintegrating. I don't know how it would get replaced but I would assume the local Tambon-City Hall where the person was born could do it. I haven't had any problems with bureaucracy when I have dealt with small government offices in Thailand. It was quick and relatively efficient my main problems were always with the Canadian Embassy!!
Chokdi
Thaihubbie

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Hi everyone dealing with the Singapore office...

I sent our application today (from Thailand) and I hope we have everything in order. I will update our status on this thread as we go through the long process.

Good luck to everyone else!

canthai

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Hi all! Just another quick update...

Received sponsorship almost 1 month later and file was then sent to Singapore. They've received it ok early in the new year and now it's the long waiting game ;)...

Good luck to all of you!

ct

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Hi Canthai,
Long time I didn't join this Forum. Did you send your wife's police clearance and medical clearance with the entire package to CIC Missassauga? or did you send it in only once your Sponsorship had been approved?
thanks

S

samiaislam

My Case Summary: I am a PR holder and Sponsored my husband. We are both from Bangladesh. CIC Singapore office is processing our application.

Singapore Visa Office!!! Man what can i say about them??? Sometimes i feel like cursing at them so bad for taking a year away from our lives. These people don't care if the marriage lasts or not probably they are too busy with their coffee and donuts, that they have no clue what is going through each day in our lives. They are not bothered if too much time is taken on their part, they don't care if the couple's relation is in danger or not. These people are causing stress, depression and mental trauma to our lives. I don't know why they don't get sued for such abuse caused my Canadian Immigration. Trust me thats what i am feeling right now. I don't even know if our long distance relation will last or not. Since I haven't heard from CIC Singapore I made the local MP call them only then they gave me a time that my processing will take 1 year or more. They say Canada has extra privilege for women, I think its BULL. I am a women there was no privilege for me, i have been working hard, all alone for almost 8 months, if something happens to me will the Canadian Immigration take liability?

Hope my situation eases many other who are in this situation.
Sponsorship Status :
-Received Application on November 13, 2009 by inland CIC.
-Started Processing Application on December 3, 2009 by inland CIC.
-A Letter about the decision on Application was sent on December 7, 2009 by inland CIC.
-Started Processing Application on December 15, 2009 by outland CIC Singapore.
-In April 2010 my application was suspended for further investigation by CIC inland on my immigration status and a letter was sent to my husband advising him of this.
-Awaiting for any response by CIC.

Samia Islam
Toronto
Canada

L

len2ts

samiaislam said:
My Case Summary: I am a PR holder and Sponsored my husband. We are both from Bangladesh. CIC Singapore office is processing our application.

Singapore Visa Office!!! Man what can i say about them??? Sometimes i feel like cursing at them so bad for taking a year away from our lives. These people don't care if the marriage lasts or not probably they are too busy with their coffee and donuts, that they have no clue what is going through each day in our lives. They are not bothered if too much time is taken on their part, they don't care if the couple's relation is in danger or not. These people are causing stress, depression and mental trauma to our lives. I don't know why they don't get sued for such abuse caused my Canadian Immigration. Trust me thats what i am feeling right now. I don't even know if our long distance relation will last or not. Since I haven't heard from CIC Singapore I made the local MP call them only then they gave me a time that my processing will take 1 year or more. They say Canada has extra privilege for women, I think its BULL. I am a women there was no privilege for me, i have been working hard, all alone for almost 8 months, if something happens to me will the Canadian Immigration take liability?

Sponsorship Status :
-A Letter about the decision on Application was sent on December 7, 2009 by inland CIC.
-In April 2010 my application was suspended for further investigation by CIC inland on my immigration status and a letter was sent to my husband advising him of this.
-Awaiting for any response by CIC.

Samia Islam
Toronto
Canada

Hi Samia! May I ask. Is your husband working in Singapore? or He's in Bangladesh?

S

samiaislam

Quick updates where I left off....

Sponsorship Status :
-15th Dec 2010- Local MP called CIC Mississauga and informed me my files has gone back to Singapore.
-1st Feb 2011 My husband gets an email to re-send his Medical Report.

*******will update later if anything comes up**********

Samia Islam
Toronto
Canada

Garu

Jan 19, 2010
Brunei
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 22, 2011
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Issued 24 Feb 2012 but only received 12 June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
19 July 2012
LANDED..........
17 Oct 2012
Hi,

We were nominated by New Brunswick last Dec 2010 and our application was sent to Singapore last 22nd Dec 2010. Any idea how long it will take for CIC to send us a notification that they have receive our application?

Thanks in advance,
Garu

moyrzg

Jun 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-11 received by MIKE on 08-07-11
Doc's Request.
BD encashed as per email 18aug2011
Nomination.....
2nd Mail Aor by singapore v.o --- 24 oct 2011
AOR Received.
1st PER RECEIVED 4TH OCTOBER
IELTS Request
submitted with application:GENERAL
File Transfer...
ECAS: We Started Processing on.October 24,2012
Med's Request
medical results have been received on ecas as of 3pm 28jan 2013
Med's Done....
medical done nov 22 sent to manila embassy dec 13
Hello all here in Singapore as PR in Singapore how did you get your police clearance in Singapore since now they change the rule only Singaporeans can get it/ is that correct as per website POlice cantonement in SG