+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Office

Phan

May 29, 2008
My sponsorship was approved and the file was sent to Singapore for processing. I got a letter in Canada to tell me that part. However, the Singapore office has not sent anything to say they have received the file. I got my letter April 22nd.

I hope that office is not too backed up or lost the file or something.

I am also curious how your application goes.

B Phan

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Hello everyone applying through Singapore ;)...

My spouse's application will be sent to this office soon so please let me know how it is going for anyone dealing with the same office!

Good luck!

canthai

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Hi Canthai,
how long did the sponsorship process take? Did you apply in or outside of Canada?

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
thaihubbie,
I have yet to apply our outland application as we are planning our wedding. I am very paranoid about this whole immigration process so I decided to research and prepare!

I was told it takes about 1-1.5 months for the sponsorship to be processed at CPC-Miss. then about 6 months to 1 year (worst case) for the applicant at Singapore.

I am back and forth on this site so I am sorry if I don't get to your questions right away. Choke dee to you and your husband!

canthai

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Sawadee ka Canthai,
I just read your chokdi message today and thank you again for all your advice. I also am paranoid about this whole thing!! I couldn't believe it when my husband was rejected for a TRV twice, I guess I was naive. The way I reacted probably didn't help our cause I was quite irate and crying plus pregnant the first time and holding our baby the second, it was quite the scene. You seem to know so much about all of this, where are you getting your information? Also, if everything is successful and his sponsorship is approved and his PR is approved is there a timeline of when we have to come to Canada? Could it be deferred?
Kop kun ka and best wishes to your pregnant mia,
thaihubbie

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
khun thaihubbie,
You are welcome for the advice but I can't take all the credit ;) since I got most of my information from this forum by reading all the old posts and asking questions. I understand your emotions and it is a very difficult experience when you have loved ones (spouse and children) involved in immigration processes. You have to be better prepared and submit an excellent PRV application. You can get a lot of help on this site and just to be safe, try joining other forums and ask similar questions to verify the answers given to you. Don't assume everyone knows what they are talking about!

To answer you questions...
Once your sponsorship is accepted and then his PR application is accepted, Singapore will request a police certificate of your husband. Once you send this to Singapore and they accept it, depending on if his record is clean :), they will then ask for his passport to be mailed to them. They affix the PRV inside his passport, mail it back and you guys have until his medical or passport expires (whichever comes first) to land in Canada. Usually the medical is good for 1 year from the date it was performed.

If you are denied the PRV for some reason (they will tell you if so) then you and your husband have the right to appeal the decision.

canthai

p.s. she's not pregnant... yet!

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Khun Canthai,
Ooops sorry about your 'pregnant mia' comment I don't know where I got that idea!? Sorry to bother you with more intricate questions. If I apply to sponsor my husband and then it's approved (you said 1-1.5 months CPC Miss.)how long after this does the PRV application have to be submitted? Is there a timeline for this? What is a 'good' PRV application??
I am reading a lot of people's comments on this Forum but I'm really interested in the south asia ones for obvious reasons.
thanks!

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
khun thaihubbie,
No worries about that! Regarding your questions/concerns...

The whole application is sent to CPC-Miss (sponsor and applicant forms along with all the evidence). They then usually take 1-1.5 months to process just you, the sponsor. If accepted as a sponsor, CPC-M will then forward the whole application to Singapore where your husband is then reviewed. I think the whole package is sent together to keep it all together (obviously :p) so that any IO can review anything if something comes up that needs an explanation, either for you or your husband's part. This part of the process can vary anywhere between 6 months to 1 year (depending on: if everything is done and sent properly, if there is an interview requested, any criminal history, etc.).

A good application is one that has everything CIC asks for (both you and your husband's checklists), properly filling out the forms (100% proper!!) and a lot of evidence to prove to the IO's that your husband is genuinely wanting to come to Canada for his family to be together (a.k.a. honesty!). That's why you are sponsoring under the 'Family Class'... so take time filling out the forms with the proper information and if something is not 100% clear, then ask! It may save you several months of delays if something is missed or done wrong. Hopefully someone in the forum has had the same question before and can answer you. Even with our emotional experiences in the past, you and I are lucky since we have the time to figure these forms out and we aren't in a huge hurry to immigrate our spouses... so use this time wisely! :)

Remember, you only send the application (EVERYTHING!!) once to CPC-M. I think time-lines can be found on the CIC website. If you have any problems you can ask RobsLuv as she knows quite a bit regarding this.

Hope this helps! Choke dee krab!

canthai

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Hi Khun Canthai,
I am on the hunt these days for ammunition to eventually start the sponsorship process. What I mean by this are letters of moral/financial support from family, friends, job offers, rental offers etc. like you suggested. This is another specific question, do you think I should get these types of letters now, dated now, if I might not start the sponsorship process for perhaps 1-2 years from now? Or do you think I should wait until that time? Will it make a difference when these letters were dated for Dep. of Immigration? I'm worried it will be more difficult making contact, explaining what I want etc. etc. when I'm back on the other side of the earth-literally:)!
thanks!

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
khun thaihubbie,
I understand what you mean since you may not want your family to leave Thailand to come to Canada until the time is right. Maybe it wouldn't hurt gathering what you can just in case you and your husband decide to make the move. You have the time and there's no harm in asking for letters of offers since none of these are legally binding (i.e. contracts).

I'm pretty sure it would not look good if you have current dates on these letters and you apply 1-2 years from now. I think CIC would question if the job or rental offers are still in effect. You would have to do the whole search for ammunition all over again. For your family/friends support, I'm sure they would be willing to write those letters at any time.

Just curious... if you decide to do this later on down the road, could you travel back again and begin the search/ammunition?

Hope this helps!

canthai

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Khun Canthai,
The main issue at present is money. I need to return to Thailand get a job and start saving money so when and if we decide to come to Canada we have a chunk saved in the bank so we won't have to rely 100% on family and friends. That being said, I really don't think I will be able to return home to gather ammunition/support from anyone because I will be in a contract in Thailand or somewhere in Asia. In addition, my parents are senior citizens and know one knows what the future holds regarding their health etc. I'm really a stickler for details so I'm wondering if letters dated now from family and friends perhaps acknowledging the fact that they understand that we might not attempt to come until the time is right and their contact details so Immigration could contact them to confirm that the offers of employment and leasing and apartment would still be valid even in the future? For example: My mother's church owns properties/apartments they rent, if they were to write me a letter of moral support and offering to rent us an apartment dated now I would think that would be ok even if we apply 1 1/2 years from now? Or a letter from my father who is 76 year old retired Civil Servant? I think the job offers are a bit trickier.
Your thoughts?
kop kun ma ka.

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
khun thaihubbie,
I would try to collect what you can and have them write the letters anyways. Let everyone know, who writes you a letter, the truth that you are basically getting ready for a move in 1-2 years. I don't even know if a date would even be needed if you have them explain your situation in the letter. For example, if they wrote that they know your situation in Thailand... they are awaiting your decision to apply... when your husband is granted the PRV then they are willing to accommodate.

You should ask around the forum and see what the others think as they may have better advice than myself.

Choke dee...

canthai

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Hi Canthai,
I've been reading your history of threads today, it seems like I'm totally an amateur at this sorry for my ignorance. I haven't filed taxes in years because I've been working abroad. Are there questions about taxes as part of the sponsorship? Do they look into this?
Kop kun ka

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
khun thaihubbie,
I'm not 100% sure about this question! Since I worked in Canada last year, I called Revenue Canada and requested an 'Option-C Printout' of my 2007 taxes. This printout is more than just a Notice of Assessment as it shows CIC details of your taxes (i.e. if you are on social assistance ;)...

Ask other members this question or look at the old threads. I think I saw someone that had the same concern as you. I think they had to provide tax information in that country when they worked abroad and tax information of their last year in Canada??? I'm not too sure :)...

Remember that anything you send in Thai should also have a translated English copy along with a notarized form (someone that legally verifies that the translation is true and correct). It is cheaper to get those forms, that need translation, done in Thailand.

canthai