+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore COC Status Help

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023
Hi everybody,
I found this thread when I started to apply COC for my PR in Canada. I spent 1 year studying in Singapore so I got a request to submit COC from IRCC
From the beginning, I was worried when I dont have enough file to apply for an appeal but I kept submiting with everything I have
Here is my timeframe and hope this will help someone
June 20: Letter requests from IRCC
June 21: Apply to Appeal Certificate of Clearance
June 22: Certificate of Clearance Appeal has been successfully approved.
June 22: Submit COC Application.
June 22: Get fingerprint and send fingerprint with payment invoice through Fedex
June 26: Fedex delivered
July 3rd: In Progress
July 6th: Approved and receive email COC will be sent out via Registered mail to residential add in Canada by this week without tracking
July 11 sent email to Singapore Police to ask for tracking
July 18 got a response with tracking
Tracking shows my COC dispatched on July 12
July 19: Canada Post delivered

For my case, It is 1 month to get COC
Hi Dear

I am also waiting my COC to be delivered at my Canada address. It was dispatched from Singapore on 15-March and then on 19-March status changed to "Dispatched to Country Code (CA)". So, now usually after how many days, I should receive it? Secondly, do we get any further tracking information, when it reaches Canada and then any tracking# with which I could track in the Canada Post?

Appreciate your response on this as per your experience.

administrator

Mar 21, 2024
Virdiasr -> Once shipped from SG, the letter takes 1-2 working days to reach Canada. At that moment, your tracking will say "Arrival at Destination Post (Country: CA)." You can not track beyond this point anywhere in any system. From here, you need to wait another 5-7 working days to receive it.

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023
Virdiasr -> Once shipped from SG, the letter takes 1-2 working days to reach Canada. At that moment, your tracking will say "Arrival at Destination Post (Country: CA)." You can not track beyond this point anywhere in any system. From here, you need to wait another 5-7 working days to receive it.
Thanks for your response. No other choice else waiting for the same :(

VALERIE L.

Mar 23, 2024
I found this thread when I was searching for anything related to Singapore Clearance Certificate when applying from overseas because it's a bit tricky in the first place because of the fingerprints. :)

I want to emphasize that luckily I found this thread and it was really informative and finally I was able to get hold of my COC on time.:D
My COC requirement was related to US Visa.

Here is my timeline (year 2023)

22 May - Applied for Appeal
25 May - Appeal Approved
26 May - Took fingerprint impressions before a Notary Public

---- I waited for Spouse's COC appeal approval until 7th June to courier both fingerprints. No delays from COC Office ----

7 June - Applied for COC and Paid (COC status changed to Pending for fingerprint impressions)
7 June - Sent fingerprint impressions from Sweden via Registered Post(NOT RECOMMENDED. USE DHL EXPRESS)
19 June - Fingerprints delivered to COC Office
22 June - Changed COC status to In progress
28 June - Changed COC status to Approved

---- While applying I selected to be delivered to Sweden by registered mail. But I could see that SPF takes a longer time to mail according to previous updates from this thread :eek: ----

28 June - Sent an authorization letter via email to SPF(SPF_COC_Office@spf.gov.sg) requesting to hand over the COC to a friend who is in Singapore. It's important to send the same letter to the friend so he can offer that while collecting.
3 July - COC collected by the friend (Proxy friend should collect the COC before SPF mails the doc and if the visa interview date is approaching etc.)
3 July - SPF emailed that my application is Approved and they will mail it in about 2 days (We already collected ;)). They mentioned that it may take 2-3 weeks to reach you via mail. :mad:
7 July - Arranged DHL Express pickup and send to Sweden
10 July - Delivered to Sweden and collected on the same day :cool:

Tips for faster COC approval
1. Add your name exactly appear as in your E-pass or S-pass
2. Check and confirm the details multiple times before applying
3. Use the exact Fingerprint Form provided by COC
4. Use "Other Documents" field in COC appeal form to attach all the supporting documents.
In our case, my spouse had to attach our marriage certificate and all other supporting documents as a single PDF to convince the COC office since I was the primary visa applicant and the Consular email requesting a police certificate addressed to my name only.
(My spouse applied for a COC appeal without proper docs the first time and was delayed, so I prepared all the docs and reapplied and got the new appeal approval within 3 days.)
The trick is that you can apply multiple COC Appeals if you see it's getting delayed(more than 3 - 4 working days) ;)
5. Attach the payment invoice while you send the fingerprint impressions to COC
6. SPF will not reply to emails immediately. It may take at least 5 - 10 working days :mad: So make sure to do your homework and follow the process properly.
7. Prefer to check the Appeal and COC status every day to save time and move to the next step faster.
SPF may not send any emails regarding any updates at all or sometimes it will take more than 3 working days just to send an automated status update. So weird. :mad:

Thanks for easilystressed, abroad73 and vakulg for the perfect info and timeline.

Hope this will help someone. Make sure to apply at least 1-2 months before so you will not encounter sudden surprises.

VALERIE L.

Mar 23, 2024
Hello and good day, I am having problems in applying for Certificate of Clearance because it shows "Retrieved eAppeal is incomplete. Unable to proceed with COC application."
Please advice us what will be our next step to fix this issue because as far as I know, I filled out all the necessary details in the application, thank you.

administrator

Mar 21, 2024
If they have approved your eAppeal, you will receive an email from them. After that, it shouldn't give that error. But you can talk to them on the phone to explain the error. Their customer support agents are very helpful. Their email responses take time as most people send them emails instead of calling.

Siddt

May 25, 2022
Hope this helps clarifies your doubts :

1) Receive ITA. Complete the ITA profile to obtain your customized document checklist for your PR application
2) Save the ITA letter and personal checklist as a pdf file. Note that ideally the checklist would show that you require a Singapore Police Certificate
3) Go to https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/certificate-of-clearance-hub.html
4) Since I am not in Singapore and I am not a Singaporean citizen, I selected the "Appeal by Non-Citizen to apply for COC" and "Login with FIN" options
5) Make sure you have your old NRIC number. It's the identification number they assigned to you on your Work/Student Pass.
6) Complete the appeal form, upload a photo, submit any supporting documentation they ask for (Front and back of your card as jpg, ITA letter as pdf, etc. etc.). Submit
7) Wait for an e-mail to tell you your appeal has been approved (3-5 business days). The e-mail will have the Appeal number on it and a Fingerprinting Form. You will need this (it looks like APP/00000000/0000
8) Go back to the website/click on the link in the e-mail and select the "Apply for Certificate of Clearance" and "Login via FIN" options
9) Complete the form again and pay the fee with any major credit card.
10) Wait for an e-mail to tell you your application was accepted. They will give you your application reference number (#00000000) and tell you where to submit your physical fingerprints along with a Payment Receipt. You will need to mail in both fingerprints and the receipt to the provided address.
11) Go and get your fingerprinting done at a legitimate place
12) Mail in all required documents to the provided address (I recommend courier or other mailing service with tracking numbers)
13) Wait for the decision and final COC in your mail (They use snail mail and not courier services) - Would recommend to get it delivered to a local address

My timeline with regards to SG COC:
- Oct 12/2023 : obtain ITA
- Oct 15/2023: submit an appeal for Singapore COC as a non-citizen & non-pr
- Oct 21/2023 : receive appeal approval
- Oct 22/2023: applied for COC and made payment
- Oct 23/2023: obtained e-mail confirmation and payment receipt
- Oct 25/2023 : obtained fingerprints and mailed to Singapore
- Nov 15/2023 : confirmation of completeness of documentation from Singapore
- Nov 17/2023 : confirmation of mailing of COC - gave my friend's local sg address

For Step 6 is ITA (PR) necessary for submission? I was hoping to start the process before I receive an ITA.
Is there a place in Calgary to get your fingerprints/biometrics done? TIA