+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore COC Request Letter

yl5zhang

Sep 8, 2018
I just received invitation for PR application and since me and my wife (applied together) both lived in Singapore for over 6 months, we would need to obtain COC from SPF.

It states here (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/singapore.html) that

Do I need to provide a police certificate with my application for permanent residence? No. We will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your application for permanent residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate.
I'm confused and not sure how to proceed. I have checked the related posts from this forum but don't have a clear answer in my mind.

It says on SPF that I would need a letter from CIC to apply for COC, but here on CIC, it says that I will get that letter after I sent the PR application? Isn't this contradicting each other?

The other post said that it's possible to use ITA but it's not guaranteed.

What should I do now?
(a) Ask CIC to provide a letter (also with my wife's name) so that I can get COC from SPF guaranteed.
(b) Use the ITA as the letter (but doesn't have my wife's name) and apply for COC from SPF.

Any suggestions or clarification are welcome!

lavierose

Dec 24, 2018
I just received invitation for PR application and since me and my wife (applied together) both lived in Singapore for over 6 months, we would need to obtain COC from SPF.

It states here (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/singapore.html) that

Do I need to provide a police certificate with my application for permanent residence? No. We will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your application for permanent residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate.
I'm confused and not sure how to proceed. I have checked the related posts from this forum but don't have a clear answer in my mind.

It says on SPF that I would need a letter from CIC to apply for COC, but here on CIC, it says that I will get that letter after I sent the PR application? Isn't this contradicting each other?

The other post said that it's possible to use ITA but it's not guaranteed.

What should I do now?
(a) Ask CIC to provide a letter (also with my wife's name) so that I can get COC from SPF guaranteed.
(b) Use the ITA as the letter (but doesn't have my wife's name) and apply for COC from SPF.

Any suggestions or clarification are welcome!
Hi there

kinda in the same boat. may i know if you applied for COC after ITA and before eAPR or after eAPR? I am really confused

vineet1308

Nov 10, 2018
Hi All,
You can provide your ITA to get the SG PCC. For your spouse you MUST write a letter to explain why she/he needs the PCC. Also attach proof like stay permit etc.

hope it helps!!!

vineet1308

Nov 10, 2018
Hello Guys,
I got the Singapore PCC before submitting my documents. After submission of SG PCC along with other documents, after about a month I have been asked to resubmit the Singapore PCC again. Has anyone faced this?

Also this time I have received a letter from CIC where they are requesting for SG PCC for both me and my spouse with our names mentioned in the letter.

It seems that during the initial submission, we dont need to submit the SG PCC and wait for them to send the letter. When we get this letter, then use this to get SG PCC.

Would like to know if anyone has done the same. If may so happen that you may also be asked to resubmit again.

Please share your thoughts.

Vineet.

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
Hello Guys,
I got the Singapore PCC before submitting my documents. After submission of SG PCC along with other documents, after about a month I have been asked to resubmit the Singapore PCC again. Has anyone faced this?

Also this time I have received a letter from CIC where they are requesting for SG PCC for both me and my spouse with our names mentioned in the letter.

It seems that during the initial submission, we dont need to submit the SG PCC and wait for them to send the letter. When we get this letter, then use this to get SG PCC.

Would like to know if anyone has done the same. If may so happen that you may also be asked to resubmit again.

Please share your thoughts.

Vineet.
Are you still around on the forum ?
Did u end up reapplying for another Singapore pcc?

vineet1308

Nov 10, 2018
Hi yes actually its a bit confusing. Initially even i had submitted a request letter to SG PCC to request for COC. But later IRCC had sent a request letter demanding a new COC based on that letter.
So for people applying, you dont need to get the SG PCC till you get the request letter from IRCC. But do check their website of any changes for this requirement.

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
That is strange for IRCC to demand a new letter. I asked Singapore SPF to wait for IRCC to issue me a letter on top of my ITA but they said they have all the documents they need to give me a COC . I am not sure if the format of SPF COC would change based on that letter from IRCC.

vineet1308

Nov 10, 2018
Format is the same. Just wait for IRCC letter based on which you need to provide the PCC. They may check the date of PCC which should be after the IRCC letter date.

Reactions: jes_ON

rajarshii1982

Jul 17, 2019
Can anyone update on this please ? I am very much afraid to apply without PCC as they may reject the application.They have rejected it for those who did not upload Japan PCC( even for Japan - IRCC official website says PCC is not required upfront).
So does it mean we have to apply for PCC twice ? One before ITA and once after getting request letter post ITA ?

IS there anyway to contact IRCC ? I am in toronto, can go to their office and ask them .

vineet1308

Nov 10, 2018
Can anyone update on this please ? I am very much afraid to apply without PCC as they may reject the application.They have rejected it for those who did not upload Japan PCC( even for Japan - IRCC official website says PCC is not required upfront).
So does it mean we have to apply for PCC twice ? One before ITA and once after getting request letter post ITA ?

IS there anyway to contact IRCC ? I am in toronto, can go to their office and ask them .
Hi There,
Getting a response from IRCC can be difficult. If you cannot, here is what I would do in order of preference, given your circumstances:
1. Try to get the Japan PCC by providing a explanation letter. No harm in spending little extra just to be safe.
2. If for some reason you cannot get the Japan PCC, then try to get this in writing from Japan authority. Then in your ITA application, write a letter of explanation stating
a. What Japanese authority has responded with (if you have it)
b. Take a snapshot from IRCC website stating the Japan PCC is NOT REQUIRED during application submission and should only be provided later after request letter from IRCC.

Hope it helps!

Vineet.

heibi123

Dec 19, 2019
Hi, I am in application submission stage and facing the same situation. I have very specific question on how to handle the system:

In the document checklist, there is a button to upload the document and the document marked as "Required", so can we just IGNORE that "upload document button" AND the "Required" mark to proceed submission? or you still upload something else instead in that part and wait until IRCC send the request letter? Thank you all very much.