23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
Hi guys,

I'd like to ask your experience with obtaining the Certificate of Clearance (COC) from Singapore Police Force (SPF). My wife and I (foreigners) have just submitted our appeal to SPF and are planning ahead.

I understand that for foreigners, there are 3 ways in getting the fingerprint done:
1. Book an appointment with SPF, then come directly to take fingerprint and receive COC on the spot. --> 3-4 weeks due to appointment queue.
2. Take fingerprint elsewhere, then mail it to SPF and wait for COC in return mail. --> 3-4 weeks due to SPF's processing and mailing.
3. Take fingerprint elsewhere, then mail it to a proxy in Singapore and the proxy can receive COC on the spot. --> few days.

So my wife and I have no proxy in Singapore. Can we choose option 2 (mailing) during the application, but instead of mailing, we'll bring our fingerprints directly to SPF and receive COC on the spot?

Is it workable? Has anyone try this approach?

Thanks so much. We got nearly everything ready and waiting for another 4 weeks may kill us.

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
Hi guys,

I'd like to ask your experience with obtaining the Certificate of Clearance (COC) from Singapore Police Force (SPF). My wife and I (foreigners) have just submitted our appeal to SPF and are planning ahead.

I understand that for foreigners, there are 3 ways in getting the fingerprint done:
1. Book an appointment with SPF, then come directly to take fingerprint and receive COC on the spot. --> 3-4 weeks due to appointment queue.
2. Take fingerprint elsewhere, then mail it to SPF and wait for COC in return mail. --> 3-4 weeks due to SPF's processing and mailing.
3. Take fingerprint elsewhere, then mail it to a proxy in Singapore and the proxy can receive COC on the spot. --> few days.

So my wife and I have no proxy in Singapore. Can we choose option 2 (mailing) during the application, but instead of mailing, we'll bring our fingerprints directly to SPF and receive COC on the spot?

Is it workable? Has anyone try this approach?

Thanks so much. We got nearly everything ready and waiting for another 4 weeks may kill us.
I don't know if it is workable. My suggestion is to call them. Be prepared to have to redial their number for a few hours before you get through. When I tried they did not have a queue system and you would simply get a busy tone.