+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore application

ashtay

Dec 28, 2008
Hi. Like to know if anybody here are Singaporean who apply for PR status in Canada in 2007 before the new NOC list? I am curious, how many Singaporean have been approved or even landed in Canada before and after the new NOC list. I applied in Jan 2007 received the AOR on the same month. Since then, I have yet heard anything from CIC.

Any Singaporean here and share your experience?

ninaz24

Sep 13, 2008
hey, i have been looking for ppl who have applied for PR from Singapore too. I am looking to apply under the Canadian Experience Class and wanna know if anyone has applied for this class from Singapore.

You applied in 2007 and havent heard back from them yet? Thats really a long time. I know some people who have applied from Singapore under skilled worker and have got their PR in 15 months. Did you use a representative? Can't you email them and check the status of your application?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ninaz24 said:
hey, i have been looking for ppl who have applied for PR from Singapore too. I am looking to apply under the Canadian Experience Class and wanna know if anyone has applied for this class from Singapore.

You applied in 2007 and havent heard back from them yet? Thats really a long time. I know some people who have applied from Singapore under skilled worker and have got their PR in 15 months. Did you use a representative? Can't you email them and check the status of your application?
You will have a better idea of the processing if you look at Trackitt. http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/federal-skilled-workers/ If the application is within Singapore's published processing times, they won't respond to status request emails.

PMM

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
Singapore is not that fast, and 15 months probably refers to applicants with arranged employment, and so fast-tracked

your AOR letter should tell you how long it should be before they contact you for documents

aghijan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2007
ninaz24 said:
I know some people who have applied from Singapore under skilled worker and have got their PR in 15 months.
I think you need to be updated on the fact that it takes CIC Singapore 4 1/5 years to process your application. This is for the old applications like mine. I applied in 2005 and sent them my AEO along with the updated forms 2 weeks ago. I intended to get the things done within this summer.

When I asked if they need any further documentation, they said in return I have to wait and they'd let me know if anything is required in the future.

I don't know what they mean by 'future'. That sounds a bit disappointing when you hear someone submitted his AEO last October and hasn't heard from them since.

So, as for the application of 2007, you must wait. They have started screening application of end of 2004 and beginning of 2005, now.

ninaz24

Sep 13, 2008
Yeah i know thats what the website says....but my two of my friends applied in 2004 and they got their PR in 15 months and are now living in Vancouver. So that is why I thought of applyng for the Canadian Experience Class through Singapore. Anyway, I probably would need more information from other people as well.

jalams2000

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 July, 2005
Med's Done....
18 Nov. 2009
VISA ISSUED...
I think it is very early to get a response on your file. You have to wait another 30-36 months to get a result on your file. Sometimes the time may be longer.

I applied on June, 2005 and received AOR on July,2005 through Singapore. But till date I received nothing after that. I do not know whether they are working on our old files as they are giving preferance on the new files. But as per trackitt.com the files of Singapore are not moving at all. God knows how long we have to wait to get result on our files.

best of luck.

ashtay

Dec 28, 2008
Thanks all. Guess I can only wait and continue my live here for another 3 more years. Hope the processing time will get shorter.

mykonso82

Apr 7, 2009
Hi aghijan, I intend to submit a AEO to Singapore CIC too. Do you think this will help to expedite the processing? Have you heard anything from CIC Singapore since you submitted your AEO?

sentee08

Sep 6, 2011
Hello!

I'm from philippines and currently working here in singapore I just want to ask if I will apply for skilled worker, Where is the best country to submit my documents here in singapore or in the philippines? please help! thanks!

moyrzg

Jun 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-11 received by MIKE on 08-07-11
Doc's Request.
BD encashed as per email 18aug2011
Nomination.....
2nd Mail Aor by singapore v.o --- 24 oct 2011
AOR Received.
1st PER RECEIVED 4TH OCTOBER
IELTS Request
submitted with application:GENERAL
File Transfer...
ECAS: We Started Processing on.October 24,2012
Med's Request
medical results have been received on ecas as of 3pm 28jan 2013
Med's Done....
medical done nov 22 sent to manila embassy dec 13
sentee08 said:
Hello!

I'm from philippines and currently working here in singapore I just want to ask if I will apply for skilled worker, Where is the best country to submit my documents here in singapore or in the philippines? please help! thanks!
apply in phils since they are very fast like new delhi...
u see thw manila cisa office timeline then u decide where u want to send ur apps..

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Singapore VO is very slow, as they have to handle lots of country. You can see in SS, like Joyeta can only get MR after waiting 130 days. I got my AOR Letter from SGVO on 1st March and In Process e-Cas status and waiting for MR. Good luck to you all and nice day.

Myat

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
CHC Phil has more resources than in CHC Singapore.

I think ashtay will get his file back for the latest announcement for Pre Feb 2008 applicants.
bad luck !

eclipes

Jun 13, 2011
Hello forum members I have a query regarding the submission of the Passport for visa stamping . My Visa Office is Singapore . Well I received PPR from the VO 3 days ago . I was planning to visit Singapore this week . Can I submit my passport In Person to the Visa Office ? How long will it take to be visa stamped if I submit In Person ? Hope to get some help from the fellow friends .

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
You'll get stuck there in Singapore if you go there, submit your passport to CHC Singapore.
Canadian High Commission in Singapore does not return the visa stamped passport in less than 8 working weeks from submission.