20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
I know – you are the one who suggested that to me to begin with. :D
But I think a difference in your case is that you also presented the province nomination certificate. So that's one variable that differs.

gemskipots said:
I did that and I got the COC for me and my spouse.

irfan_ul_haque

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
03-11-2015
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully in June-July 2015
I have noticed quite many inquiries on this topic about Singapore COC (PCC).
Please allow me to share my thoughts and experiences on this, as this may help future applicants.
Firstly, I am an Indian Citizen currently residing in Singapore, so this may be most applicable to applicants with the similar situation.

If you noticed the CIC page (details on Singapore COC), it states “Your certificate will be mailed directly to the Canadian immigration office requesting the certificate”, However please be confirmed that COC office does NOT send out documents any more. You are supposed to collect it yourself.

Another general question is, when to apply for the COC, i.e. right after ITA and during PR application submission OR later when CIC requests through a specific letter for COC?
As you all must have noticed in the CIC page, COC is NOT required during PR application. However, please be confirmed that Singapore COC Office does furnish the police certificate based on just ITA, but it is recommended to wait for CIC to request for the same.
In my opinion, this is better as you are following the exact CIC guidelines, moreover, if the processing of the PR application takes a longer time, CIC may request for a fresh COC (As explained by a COC Officer).

I followed the same guidelines.

Hope this helps.
Cheers & All The Best To All!

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Hi everyone,

I am trying to get help regarding proof of funds. I have read through this thread and saw that people use their CPF as POF. However, I am not a PR and therefore this is not applicable to me.

The CIC website states that 'The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance in the past six months.'

I just called my bank (OCBC) and they are only able to list 3 things on their bank reference letter: accounts, balance and banking relationship. This falls short of what CIC is asking for (particularly the part about the average balance in the past 6 months). I wonder if anyone is/was in my shoe and if so, how they dealt with this issue. Thanks.

irfan_ul_haque

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
03-11-2015
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2015
LANDED..........
ybjianada said:
Hi everyone,

I am trying to get help regarding proof of funds. I have read through this thread and saw that people use their CPF as POF. However, I am not a PR and therefore this is not applicable to me.

The CIC website states that 'The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance in the past six months.'

I just called my bank (OCBC) and they are only able to list 3 things on their bank reference letter: accounts, balance and banking relationship. This falls short of what CIC is asking for (particularly the part about the average balance in the past 6 months). I wonder if anyone is/was in my shoe and if so, how they dealt with this issue. Thanks.
Hey,
I had the same issue with my bank (DBS).
They generally have a fixed format to issue the certificate of financial standing, and when you enquire over the phone, they repeat the same.
I approached a branch, explained in details and requested them to add the average 6 months balance. With some persuasion, the branch manager agreed.
So yeah, they can be flexible as well.

Try.

Cheers!

irfan_ul_haque

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
03-11-2015
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2015
LANDED..........
gemskipots said:
Agree!!! Best person to give advise since he already got his PPR.

Congrats bro! May you have a good life in Canada.
:)
Thank you bro!
Now waiting for the visa and COPR. :D

All the best to you too bro!

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015

Is this how the personalised checklist looks like? You just take a print out of the list of documents required for the primary applicant and dependents for the Singapore COC?

psharma.np

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Today, I have received a request from myCIC to receive Singapore Police Certificate. I reside outside of Singapore.

My question is if you live outside of Singapore does Singapore Police mail the certificate directly to CIC or to applicant mailing address.

There are contradictory arguments:

1. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp -

If you live outside of Singapore:
You should submit your application and all supporting documents by mail to the COC Office (see Special notes and considerations for complete address). Your certificate will be mailed directly to the Canadian immigration office requesting the certificate.

2. However others have pointed that it will be mailed to the applicant and need to be scan and upload like other documents.

Pls. share your thought.

THanks.

kaye08

Sep 7, 2015
ybjianada said:
Hi everyone,

hi ybjianada. For the POF, I submitted the letter I got from DBS with same information as yours (accounts, date opened and balance). Then I attached my eStatement for the past 6 months to show the average balance. Hope this helps!

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
psharma.np said:
Today, I have received a request from myCIC to receive Singapore Police Certificate. I reside outside of Singapore.

My question is if you live outside of Singapore does Singapore Police mail the certificate directly to CIC or to applicant mailing address.

There are contradictory arguments:

1. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp -

If you live outside of Singapore:
You should submit your application and all supporting documents by mail to the COC Office (see Special notes and considerations for complete address). Your certificate will be mailed directly to the Canadian immigration office requesting the certificate.

2. However others have pointed that it will be mailed to the applicant and need to be scan and upload like other documents.

Pls. share your thought.

THanks.
It is mailed to the applicant. They've stopped mailing it directly to CIC. How did you get the request from CIC to receive Singapore Police Certificate?

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Thank you irfan and kaye08. I guess I'll try to persuade OCBC to add the 6 months' average balance to the letter, like what Irfan did. If they would not budge, I will just attach the past 6 months' eStatements, like you did, kaye08.

And just to clarify, we don't need to get anything from banks in which we only have credit card accounts?

kaye08 said:
hi ybjianada. For the POF, I submitted the letter I got from DBS with same information as yours (accounts, date opened and balance). Then I attached my eStatement for the past 6 months to show the average balance. Hope this helps!
irfan_ul_haque said:
Hey,
I had the same issue with my bank (DBS).
They generally have a fixed format to issue the certificate of financial standing, and when you enquire over the phone, they repeat the same.
I approached a branch, explained in details and requested them to add the average 6 months balance. With some persuasion, the branch manager agreed.
So yeah, they can be flexible as well.

Try.

Cheers!

psharma.np

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
RKCK said:
It is mailed to the applicant. They've stopped mailing it directly to CIC. How did you get the request from CIC to receive Singapore Police Certificate?
I lived in Singapore for about a year but is not a resident right now. However, since i have lived in SG for more than 6 months, I need to provide Police Certificate.

I hope that answers your question.

Thanks

RachelRichard

Star Member
Dec 5, 2015
Hi,

We badly need help. My wife is PR in Singapore and we want to declare CPF as Proof of Transferable Settlement Funds.

Is it only the front cover page wherein it indicates the Ordinary Savings amount, Savings Amount and MediSave Amount we will send to them (CIC or any provinces if there are available opening)

We appreciate your response.

Thanks..:)

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
How long did it take to receive the hard copy of the COC?

RachelRichard

Star Member
Dec 5, 2015
gemskipots said:
Hi Gems

I have also the same query as stated above..Does CPF considered as Proof of Funds since it's not readily available in cash..Really appreciate your response..That is our only hope..Thank you

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
Anyone got PPR recently? How long did it take for the entire process from AOR to PPR?