+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore applicants for Express Entry - Plz network here to share the ideas

angel0815

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Hi, hope you can help me with my dilemma regarding whether is accept or reject the ITA.

I am a provincial nominee and received the ITA on nov 27. My points is 885.

With the help of our friends in this forum and some info from the net, I learned that I will have to request new work certificates from all my job experiences following the format requirement by CIC. But I currently reside in Singapore and most of my previous jobs were in Phil. Also to consider the upcoming Christmas festive where a lot of offices will close for the season, I might be needing more time to gather all the new documents I need.

I learned that we can reject the ITA and be put back to the pool and considered again for the next draw. If I do so, I will have more time to collate all my documents before the new 60 day deadline comes. But with my provincial nomination expiring on Mar 2016, I am worried that if I don't get included in the EE draw just in time, I will lose very big points and will make my chances in the EE draw slimmer.

I hope you can share your views on this dilemma. Would greatly appreciate your advice.

Some additional questions:

1. Do spouses also need to give job certs or only the principal applicants?
2. My EE profile says I'm under federal skilled worker category but I am seeing some applicants with provincial nominations also but classified under PNP category in other forums. Are these categories the same or from different classification?

Thanks so much.

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
gemskipots said:
Yes, 2 of my friends landed in Canada this year and they showed only CPF as their POF.

I submitted my CPF as POF for OINP and got nominated.
Hi, I read your post that you said you submitted CPF funds (not readily available cash) as your
POF for Ontario PNP.

I thought the authorities did state that only cash or readily available funds are considered valid POF?
In yours and your friends' case, is your CPF readily available? As in, are you eligible to withdraw (assuming
you are more than 55 years old?)

I am very interested to know, as I am also considering this step.

Please help.

Thanks.

Rgds

gemskipots

Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-11-15 (Schedule 4)
Nomination.....
06-10-15
AOR Received.
06-11-15
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
04-11-15
Med's Done....
17-11-15
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
LANDED..........
13-06-2016
journey21 said:
Hi, I read your post that you said you submitted CPF funds (not readily available cash) as your
POF for Ontario PNP.

I thought the authorities did state that only cash or readily available funds are considered valid POF?
In yours and your friends' case, is your CPF readily available? As in, are you eligible to withdraw (assuming
you are more than 55 years old?)

I am very interested to know, as I am also considering this step.

Please help.

Thanks.

Rgds
PM sent☺

thadichikutty

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-Apr-2016
AOR Received.
06-Apr-2016
Hi,

If I apply for SINP now and later apply for OINP, is there any issues? Can I apply for both simultaneously?

Plz advise.. It's urgent now

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
I have a question regarding this. I am currently living in Singapore and received my ITA on Nov 27.

I need to get PCC from both the USA and Singapore. For the FBI one, it is notoriously time-consuming. I was somewhat sensible enough to have submitted the request about one month before my ITA. But it may still not be enough for me to receive it before my application deadline (Jan 26th). So, there is a possibility that I will have to just submit the application first (close to the deadline) and attach a note of explanation regarding the FBI PCC.

Now, regarding the Singapore Police Certificate, the CIC website states that one needs to submit the online PR application first and then they (CIC?) will issue a letter to be shown to Singapore Police for the COC application to be accepted (is this the correct understanding?) This will further delay my application. I wonder whether it is feasible to just bring my ITA to Singapore Police – do you think they will accept that as the document you mention below?? I have no PNP, by the way.

gemskipots said:
For Singapore, you need to show a document with your name that the country is asking you to submit a Police Clearance. Without this document they will not entertain you. So you need to wait until you have your ITA.

gemskipots

Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-11-15 (Schedule 4)
Nomination.....
06-10-15
AOR Received.
06-11-15
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
04-11-15
Med's Done....
17-11-15
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
LANDED..........
13-06-2016
For POF info I sent a PM for those who are asking.

Just to make it clear that I use this as POF for OINP application and got nominated. I used the same thing (updated docs) for CIC when I received my ITA but I do not have my PPR yet.

gemskipots

Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-11-15 (Schedule 4)
Nomination.....
06-10-15
AOR Received.
06-11-15
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
04-11-15
Med's Done....
17-11-15
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
LANDED..........
13-06-2016
ybjianada said:
I have a question regarding this. I am currently living in Singapore and received my ITA on Nov 27.

I need to get PCC from both the USA and Singapore. For the FBI one, it is notoriously time-consuming. I was somewhat sensible enough to have submitted the request about one month before my ITA. But it may still not be enough for me to receive it before my application deadline (Jan 26th). So, there is a possibility that I will have to just submit the application first (close to the deadline) and attach a note of explanation regarding the FBI PCC.

Now, regarding the Singapore Police Certificate, the CIC website states that one needs to submit the online PR application first and then they (CIC?) will issue a letter to be shown to Singapore Police for the COC application to be accepted (is this the correct understanding?) This will further delay my application. I wonder whether it is feasible to just bring my ITA to Singapore Police – do you think they will accept that as the document you mention below?? I have no PNP, by the way.
For Singapore PCC I suggest you generate your personalised checklist and print it. Present your ITA and checklist when you get your PCC just to make sure.

For my case they accepted the PNP nomination letter and a Post ITA personalised checklist for my spouse.

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Thank you. I am glad I asked. I will try with the ITA and checklist next week and hopefully they will accept it.

gemskipots said:
For Singapore PCC I suggest you generate your personalised checklist and print it. Present your ITA and checklist when you get your PCC just to make sure.

For my case they accepted the PNP nomination letter and a Post ITA personalised checklist for my spouse.

itoocandream

Oct 30, 2015
Hi,

as per CIC website:

PCC from Singapore is not required at the time of application submission. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”

http: //www .cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp#spec

thadichikutty

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-Apr-2016
AOR Received.
06-Apr-2016
Hi,

Anyone have any idea that cpf can be shown as pof for SINP application?

Please share if you had any experience. For OINP i know it is acceptable..

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
itoocandream said:
Hi,

as per CIC website:

PCC from Singapore is not required at the time of application submission. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”

http: //www .cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp#spec
I've asked CIC for a letter requesting PCC. I've not received any response as yet. It's been 2 days. I'm trying to get the Indian PCC this week with just the ITA. Hopefully I can pull it off.

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Did you try getting the COC with just ITA and checklist?

I am planning to go there this Friday with just those to see if they will accept those. I can't imagine why they should not.

But if you have tried and the result was not positive, do let me know.

RKCK said:
I've asked CIC for a letter requesting PCC. I've not received any response as yet. It's been 2 days. I'm trying to get the Indian PCC this week with just the ITA. Hopefully I can pull it off.

gemskipots

Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-11-15 (Schedule 4)
Nomination.....
06-10-15
AOR Received.
06-11-15
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
04-11-15
Med's Done....
17-11-15
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
LANDED..........
13-06-2016
ybjianada said:
Did you try getting the COC with just ITA and checklist?

I am planning to go there this Friday with just those to see if they will accept those. I can't imagine why they should not.

But if you have tried and the result was not positive, do let me know.
I did that and I got the COC for me and my spouse.