+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sincerely NEED YOUR ADVICE - OOPNP & Non-accompanying spouse

LookingUp1027

Oct 27, 2014
dear friends,

i created my EE file claiming that "my spouse is not coming with me" and got PT from OOPNP, and just after i had my documents delivered to Ontario, i found out that medical exam was a MUST even for non-accompany dependents. my husband made it quite clear that he would not take the medical exam. i have no idea what i should do when OOPNP nominate me and i am asked to upload medical results for me, my kid (accompanying) and my husband....

i have seen cases in which application was deemed incomplete and rejected. what should i do?

PLEASE ADVISE

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
The only way out is write a letter to them explaining the complete situation and why your husband can't have the medicals. Be honest and smart and pray that CIC give you a positive node (Btw, Medicals are required only after ITA)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Jkal said:
The only way out is write a letter to them explaining the complete situation and why your husband can't have the medicals. Be honest and smart and pray that CIC give you a positive node (Btw, Medicals are required only after ITA)
A letter won't work. The only way to avoid the medicals for her husband is for the OP to prove that she and her husband are no longer together (e.g. are divorced, in the process of divorcing or are legally separated). Otherwise her application cannot be approved without her husband completing the medical.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
scylla said:
A letter won't work. The only way to avoid the medicals for her husband is for the OP to prove that she and her husband are no longer together (e.g. are divorced, in the process of divorcing or are legally separated). Otherwise her application cannot be approved without her husband completing the medical.
I agree. The reason CIC need your husband to do medical was that as a wife, you can apply Canadian immigration for your husband (and your dependents) later. He will be admitted even though his health is no good at the time when you apply for his immigration. By law, Canada cannot refuse you applying immigration for him. That is why even though you are not accompanying your husband, your husband has to do medical. If he fails in his medical your immigration is likely to be unsuccessful.

Therefore, one thing you may consider is to file a divorce, if he is unwilling to do the medical. I do not know if you have enough time. I would suggest you talking with an immigration lawyer about this issue. Alternatively, convince him to do the medical.

LookingUp1027

Oct 27, 2014
scylla said:
thank you scylla. i checked "married" in my application form and i don't know how the change of my marital status will affect my application? since my husband was sure he would not go to canada with me and our kid, i don't think our marriage will last for a long time.

LookingUp1027

Oct 27, 2014
specialmary said:
I agree. The reason CIC need your husband to do medical was that as a wife, you can apply Canadian immigration for your husband (and your dependents) later. He will be admitted even though his health is no good at the time when you apply for his immigration. By law, Canada cannot refuse you applying immigration for him. That is why even though you are not accompanying your husband, your husband has to do medical. If he fails in his medical your immigration is likely to be unsuccessful.

Therefore, one thing you may consider is to file a divorce, if he is unwilling to do the medical. I do not know if you have enough time. I would suggest you talking with an immigration lawyer about this issue. Alternatively, convince him to do the medical.
many thanks specialmary, i will talk to immigration lawyer to see if i can get any help, meanwhile i am also trying to talk my husband into doing medical.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
LookingUp1027 said:
thank you scylla. i checked "married" in my application form and i don't know how the change of my marital status will affect my application? since my husband was sure he would not go to canada with me and our kid, i don't think our marriage will last for a long time.
You would need to update CIC to let them know that you and your husband have now separated. You will also need to provide proof that you have either started divorce proceedings or have legally separated. Either way, you'll need to provide legal paperwork to show that you are no longer together.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
In addition to svylla advice, it appears that you have kids and he or she probably has to go for medical as well, I believe. I am unsure he or she can skip it. I am not 100% sure, but you cannot divorce your child, I reckon, based in Canadian law.