+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN RENEWAL QUESTION

Gen1

Apr 13, 2012
Please advise if I can get into trouble with service canada if i go see them for my permanent SIN

I am a student in Canada for few yrs now so applied for a yr off campus wp which is now exp with my sin as well but I am still working for few weeks now as employer not seem to notice it. However my student permit still valid for another 3 yr and still attending school... and can't renew the WP (complicated but personal....not anything criminal).

My question is since my PR app is about to finalize (pls dont ask how) and if I get the card or whatever. would it be possible to get the SIN as a PR without any issue with service canada as to why I was working with an exp wp and sin with no auth or implied status???

**Please note that my concern is not about how or what i need to extend or replace SIN. MY main concern is would I be in trouble with service Canada when I need them for SIN related as I am working with no auth at the moment. Would they know I was working illegally?**would they go ahead and give me a permanent SIN as soon as I get all necessary PR document without causing me trouble??

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Service Canada is separate from immigration. With PR status, they will process your request for a new SIN, give you the number and your card will arrive by mail. I neglected to mention that you can not renew a SIN(starting with 9) without a valid work permit. It's a risk to continue working though.

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
I believe you can reactivate and not renew your SIN only if you have a new valid working permit or you get First Stage Approval (AIP) of your PR application with Open Work Permit. If you have an old Temporary SIN , you reactivate once you were able to get a new work permit or work permit extension..And If you get approved for PR, a permenent SIN is the appropriate one..

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
There is no option renew SIN. SIN will not release until you receive COPR

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
You have an option to use your old temporary SIN if you get AIP with Open Work Permit and don't want to wait for COPR to get a Permanent SIN. But the processing trend these days is the gap between AIP and DM is getting shorter for INLAND Application...

Usually temporary workers have temporary SIN thats start with #9.. If the work permit expires, you can't use your SIN anymore.. But if you were able to get a new work permit you can rectivate the old temporary SIN..

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
This pathetic to see that people cannot even read and understand simple instructions....I am not asking what or how i replace or renew or wahtver....what I needed is the troubling part working with no auth...anyway I will come back and answer my own question once i finish with the whole process.

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Here is a simple instruction "Don't be so rude"....can you follow that? These people take time out of their busy day to try to answer questions and help others, as others have helped them. Perhaps, they didn't read it *so* carefully, perhaps they have a lot on their mind, but nevertheless, their intention and thought with replying to the post was to help out. No need to be so rude...Geesh! We are all in the same boat, looking, stretching, grasping at ANY information or anything that might help us or give us the answers we need/want/looking for, etc. so we are all in the same boat- stressed, etc, but to call people pathetic because they don't answer your post as you'd like them to but they are trying to help and their intent is to help is pretty pathetic in its own right.

qw123 said:
This pathetic to see that people cannot even read and understand simple instructions....I am not asking what or how i replace or renew or wahtver....what I needed is the troubling part working with no auth...anyway I will come back and answer my own question once i finish with the whole process.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
muffy1 said:
Here is a simple instruction "Don't be so rude"....can you follow that? These people take time out of their busy day to try to answer questions and help others, as others have helped them. Perhaps, they didn't read it *so* carefully, perhaps they have a lot on their mind, but nevertheless, their intention and thought with replying to the post was to help out. No need to be so rude...Geesh! We are all in the same boat, looking, stretching, grasping at ANY information or anything that might help us or give us the answers we need/want/looking for, etc. so we are all in the same boat- stressed, etc, but to call people pathetic because they don't answer your post as you'd like them to but they are trying to help and their intent is to help is pretty pathetic in its own right.
I second muffy1. Thanks for posting this. You read my mind!

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Thanks BCgirl! I gave it a 2nd thought to post this as I don't like being rude and this is not typically me but I had to stand up and say something because that was just plain NOT RIGHT! And I'm glad someone else agrees! ;)

BCgirl2012 said:
I second muffy1. Thanks for posting this. You read my mind!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Ditto!! He could have asked his question again.

muffy1 said:
Thanks BCgirl! I gave it a 2nd thought to post this as I don't like being rude and this is not typically me but I had to stand up and say something because that was just plain NOT RIGHT! And I'm glad someone else agrees! ;)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
qw123 said:
Being that you're being rude, I'll just say this. You can be deported for not having a work permit and banned from Canada. How's that for an answer?

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Lol, Parker! VERY well said!!

parker24 said:
Being that you're being rude, I'll just say this. You can be deported for not having a work permit and banned from Canada. How's that for an answer?

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
sorry for being rude. I am just not able to understand that people dont take time to....

gost

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
Doc's Request.
17-10-2011
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-02-2011 re-done: 02-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
Gen1 said:
My question is since my PR app is about to finalize (pls dont ask how) and if I get the card or whatever. would it be possible to get the SIN as a PR without any issue with service canada as to why I was working with an exp wp and sin with no auth or implied status???
You should not have any problems with getting your new SIN as a PR. However, you are probably aware of the problems that you could possibly have with getting PR if you get caught working without a valid work permit.

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
qw123 said:
sorry for being rude. I am just not able to understand that people dont take time to....
qw123 said:
Peace!!! Just always remember, be nice! Not all of us knows as much the person works for cic or service canada, we can say or suggest what ever we thought that will help. Just take it or leave it..

I have a friend she work in my husband business since she got her AIP. It comes to the point that she has to give her SIN to make a t4 but her old sin is expired and she still waiting for pr card to come so she can apply to service canada when she go to service canada she explained to them her situation but then they wont give her SIN as a permanent resident, they said she has to wait for her pr card so what they did they just extend her old SIN and get the new one when her pr card arrived.

If im not mistaken u got desicion made in your application, you can either extend your old sin or wait for ur pr to come and get your residence SIN. You will be ok! Just explain to them your situation.