+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN renewal question

Gen1

Apr 13, 2012
please advise If I can have issues with service canada

I am a student in Canada for few yrs now so applied for a yr off campus wp which is now exp with my sin as well but I am still working for few weeks now as employer not seem to notice it. However my student permit still valid for another 3 yr and still attending school... and can't renew the WP (complicated but personal....not anything criminal).

My question is since my PR app is about to finalize (pls dont ask how) and if I get the card or whatever. would it be possible to get the SIN as a PR without any issue with service canada as to why I was working with an exp wp and sin with no auth or implied status???

**Please note that my concern is not about how or what i need to extend or replace SIN. MY main concern is would I be in trouble with service Canada when I need them for SIN related as I am working with no auth at the moment. Would they know I was working illegally?**would they go ahead and give me a permanent SIN as soon as I get all necessary PR document without causing me trouble??

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
so many visitors but no one can answer my question.....but no worries folks. as this question may also help some of you..I will come back and answer my own question when i am done with the process.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gen1 said:
please advise If I can have issues with service canada

I am a student in Canada for few yrs now so applied for a yr off campus wp which is now exp with my sin as well but I am still working for few weeks now as employer not seem to notice it. However my student permit still valid for another 3 yr and still attending school... and can't renew the WP (complicated but personal....not anything criminal).

My question is since my PR app is about to finalize (pls dont ask how) and if I get the card or whatever. would it be possible to get the SIN as a PR without any issue with service canada as to why I was working with an exp wp and sin with no auth or implied status???

**Please note that my concern is not about how or what i need to extend or replace SIN. MY main concern is would I be in trouble with service Canada when I need them for SIN related as I am working with no auth at the moment. Would they know I was working illegally?**would they go ahead and give me a permanent SIN as soon as I get all necessary PR document without causing me trouble??
No.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
I am now ready to answer my own question. I was working for a year and kept on working for 8 weeks with the same employer (he did not ask me as he did not know) after my work permits expires along with my sin# , i did not apply for a work permit in mean time so i wasnt on implied status or anything.....then after the 8 weeks i stopped working as i know this was like a grace period whther implied or not...and 4 weeks later when i got my AIP through spousal sponsorship, I applied for OWP and then upon receiving my open work permit I renewed my SIN with no worries or issue what so ever. and i am back to work again.

Total time worked with no auth or implied status: 8 weeks

if it may help...i am and been a student all along attending school.