+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN problem ?

SINP 2014 PNP

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
hi all friends

i applied PR 11 months before still no news

i live in Canada as a temporary worker , my WP is valid Nov 2015 same as my SIN expire date Nov 2015.

my question before Nov 2015 if i don't grand my PR should I extend my SIN from service Canada

if i don't grand PR before NOV 2015 I must will try to extend my WP so It may will take 4 months so can I extend my SIN with that confirmation letter submitting application for work permit extension

NEED ADVISE PLS

jbr_fudu

Aug 12, 2015
No. To extend your SIN you need valid status in Canada, like study permit or work permit. if your PR does not come through, you may need to extend WP.I think that is called Bridge OWP

BraveBoy

Aug 6, 2015
jbr_fudu is right. i have the same exact problem. i am BC PNP nominee and my WP expired on feb 26 2015. When I contact Service Canada for my Mat Leave claim they said my SIN is need to renew since my last WP Expired(back in 2012) LOL. Therefore, I am not qualify to claim anything from EI. The officer said it's OK to work with expired SIN number but Once You need to claim something such as MAT leave, Disability, lose job and etc. your SIN number need to be valid. In your case do not need to do anything . Once you get your PR they will issue you a new SIN number that not start with 9 anyway!!! Good luck