+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN online

nausherwan436

Dec 18, 2019
Hey everyone. I applied for my online SIN application. They asked me for the proof of address in which I attached the authority letter of my Uncle that said I'm staying with him and under his care, I attached his driver's license with address and a utility bill of the home I'm staying in. I submitted the application on 29th April. I have no way to track it, the person who applied with me got the SIN while I'm still waiting. Can I reapply with any other proof of address cause I don't have any atm other than this. What can I do about it? Can someone enlighten me?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey everyone. I applied for my online SIN application. They asked me for the proof of address in which I attached the authority letter of my Uncle that said I'm staying with him and under his care, I attached his driver's license with address and a utility bill of the home I'm staying in. I submitted the application on 29th April. I have no way to track it, the person who applied with me got the SIN while I'm still waiting. Can I reapply with any other proof of address cause I don't have any atm other than this. What can I do about it? Can someone enlighten me?
Are you a minor?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No. I'm an international student and getting my SIN for the first time. I didn't have bank details and phone bill with me because I changed my address.
As a legal adult, you were required to submit your own documents. Expect a refusal. I suggest you submit a new app with the correct documents.

nausherwan436

Dec 18, 2019
I didn't get any mail though I should've it's been 16 days since I applied. Although I already applied for another application providing relevant address according to their terms. I hope it works

MoizArif

Apr 2, 2020
I didn't get any mail though I should've it's been 16 days since I applied. Although I already applied for another application providing relevant address according to their terms. I hope it works
I am a new PR and applied online for my first SIN. I also did not have any proof of address since i just moved. I applied the first time and got a refusal letter mailed to me within 10 days.

I opened up a bank account but will not have access to the statements for at least a month for me to use them as address proof. I get a phone line and used the service agreement as a Proof of Address which had my name and address on it. As per the SIN office, this is an acceptable proof of address.

My second online application was submitted on 28th April and still haven't heard anything from them. I called them today and they told me that my application hasn't been processed yet and i need to call back after 20 business days from application submission for them to tell me anything about my application.

nausherwan436

Dec 18, 2019
I had a payroll deposit details document given to me by my bank, it has my name and address on it. I attached it. Moreover, I also attached another document that has my name and address which my bank sent me with my credit card. I hope it works
I talked to them today and they said there has been no processing so far cause I reapplied on Friday. Following weekend and the Victoria day, they asked me to call them next week and hopefully they'll have some details to share.
Never knew getting SIN could be this tough lol

azuredragon

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Friends,

I am also a new PR and i applied for SIN online. I did twice but get refused 2x now. My first application, i sent my In-Land approval letter stating that I am now a Permanent resident, i also sent copy of my passport and phone bills that reflects my address. It was refused. Second application, i sent my COPR (note it was not signed by an officer), copy of passport and phone bills but still refused. I tried to contact them but they more than an hour wait time. Can anybody please share/advice as to what to do?

I appreciate your reply/help.

Thank you

nausherwan436

Dec 18, 2019
I applied twice as well. I didn't get any refusal mail for my first application because I knew my proof of address was not going to work. I applied second time on 15th May and still have no updates so far.
Call them around 8am when the offices open you won't have to wait to talk to an assistant and maybe they'll guide you properly. I hope that works.
Btw what did they say in the refusal mail?

eninevo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Hi Guys,

I also recently immigrated and wanted to apply for SIN. I had few questions in which I needed your kind guidance;

1- Should I apply for SIN for my wife as well. She is a housewife. I got a job offer in Canada.
2- Can I use my relatives address to apply online for SIN and later update it when I have my own apartment address, as currently I am in quarantine.

Please advise?

Cheers

KrCanada

Apr 29, 2018
Hello friends,

I have been trying to apply for SIN online and the website seems to be down for the past one week. I tried calling the SIN office , but was put on hold for 2 hours. Has anyone faced similar issue ?

Thanks
Vikas

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Friends,

I am also a new PR and i applied for SIN online. I did twice but get refused 2x now. My first application, i sent my In-Land approval letter stating that I am now a Permanent resident, i also sent copy of my passport and phone bills that reflects my address. It was refused. Second application, i sent my COPR (note it was not signed by an officer), copy of passport and phone bills but still refused. I tried to contact them but they more than an hour wait time. Can anybody please share/advice as to what to do?

I appreciate your reply/help.

Thank you
Hey I am in the same boat. Did your last application turn out to be successful? What did you do differently?

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
SIN Processing Time ( Change of Status) - Applied online
SIN Applied online - 3rd Dec 2020
SIN Processed - 7th Dec
SIN mailed - 8th Dec
SIN received - 22nd Dec