+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN Number obtainable at airport? Please advise

bobbysocks888

Oct 9, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for a QSW and received a CSQ. I will land in Montreal soon to apply for PR card and Sin number.

I have to then fly back home to work, so I can only stay three nights. I will be coming on a Saturday night and leaving on Monday night. I have a friend who has allowed me to list their address as a mailing address for the PR card.

Can I apply for the SIN number at the airport? Or must I go to a Service Canada office on Monday in Montreal?

I was told me it would be possible at the airport but posts I have read here tell me that the immigration office at the airport only gives you an application form, you still have to go to the Service Canada office. I would really appreciate some clarification on this, as I will book my flight to stay longer if it is going to involve me physically visiting the Service Canada office.

Also, how easy is it to open a bank account? Is it a one day job?

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
bobbysocks888 said:
I applied for a QSW and received a CSQ. I will land in Montreal soon to apply for PR card and Sin number.

I have to then fly back home to work, so I can only stay three nights. I will be coming on a Saturday night and leaving on Monday night. I have a friend who has allowed me to list their address as a mailing address for the PR card.

Can I apply for the SIN number at the airport? Or must I go to a Service Canada office on Monday in Montreal?

I was told me it would be possible at the airport but posts I have read here tell me that the immigration office at the airport only gives you an application form, you still have to go to the Service Canada office. I would really appreciate some clarification on this, as I will book my flight to stay longer if it is going to involve me physically visiting the Service Canada office.

Also, how easy is it to open a bank account? Is it a one day job?
Bank account takes very little time - BMO gives you a card on the spot. As does HSBC.
In total you'll be in the process about 30 minutes

Re SIN, afaik you can only do it at Service Canada - its not an immigration thing