+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sin number change

HappyHenry

Jun 14, 2021
I became a PR last month but i have not changed my sin number because it is still valid. I heard it it better to change to a permanent sin number but the thing is. I had 4 jobs this year and i quit 3 of them, so the t4 I get next year will have my temporary sin number on it. If i get the new sin number, and the sin number on those t4 are still the old one. How can I file my taxes? Thank you for answering my question if you have the same situation

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I became a PR last month but i have not changed my sin number because it is still valid. I heard it it better to change to a permanent sin number but the thing is. I had 4 jobs this year and i quit 3 of them, so the t4 I get next year will have my temporary sin number on it. If i get the new sin number, and the sin number on those t4 are still the old one. How can I file my taxes? Thank you for answering my question if you have the same situation

1. CRA know when you replace your temp SIN with your permanent and they have no problem merging the 2 files.

Reactions: HappyHenry