+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN No Required for PRTD?

smanchanda

Feb 15, 2016
Hello,

I am just starting this thread to confirm if the SIN no is required when you apply for PRTD?
I did my landing on 18 December and when I went to Service Canada next day to get my SIN updated, they informed me that they haven't received the information yet about my landing. I called IRCC and they informed my landing was smooth and complete. They have that updated information in their database. They also informed me that it would take upto 3-4 days to get it updated for Service Canada.

The problem is that I am flying on 24 Dec for my personal commitments in India and I may not have my updated SIN details by then. So, is it okay to inform the officials in my SOP ( while applying PRTD from India) that my SIN no updation is in processing still? and is it compulsory to provide SIN details?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I am just starting this thread to confirm if the SIN no is required when you apply for PRTD?
I did my landing on 18 December and when I went to Service Canada next day to get my SIN updated, they informed me that they haven't received the information yet about my landing. I called IRCC and they informed my landing was smooth and complete. They have that updated information in their database. They also informed me that it would take upto 3-4 days to get it updated for Service Canada.

The problem is that I am flying on 24 Dec for my personal commitments in India and I may not have my updated SIN details by then. So, is it okay to inform the officials in my SOP ( while applying PRTD from India) that my SIN no updation is in processing still? and is it compulsory to provide SIN details?
You don't need a SIN to apply for a PRTD.

smanchanda

Feb 15, 2016
You don't need a SIN to apply for a PRTD.
Thank you so much for your quick response. I actually went through some posts over here where people wrote that they attached SIN doc as well in the PRTD application. So , I just wanted to confirm.

Also, if I need my PRTD to be processed quickly, would that be possible if I attach my paystubs, job offer letter and the air tickets and add a SOP for the urgency? Would that be considered?

smanchanda

Feb 15, 2016
It won't get it processed quicker.
I came across profiles which did this and they actually got their PRTD before their flights and within 5 days as well. I have 3.5 weeks of time after I apply PRTD. Do you think this time frame is enuf to atleast consider that they might do it sooner?