+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN invalid on Canada Job Bank

Piyaali

Jan 28, 2019
Seattle
Category........
FSW
I am trying to find work in Canada in writing, communications and journalism. To get matched fasted, I wanted to update my job bank profile but the profile is not accepting my SIN saying it is invalid. I became a PR just last month and have come back to States for a few months before returning to Canada.

Has anyone else faced this issue? Any ideas or suggestions as to what do I do next?

P.s.: I tried calling Service Canada on 1-866-279-5238 but didn't get connected to "the next available agent" ever.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Does your SIN start with a "9". ? Did you go to Service Canada and get a new SIN to correspond to your new status as a PR in Canada versus as a worker on a permit. You had mentioned in a earlier posting that you were going to get the new SIN when you landed for that week in Vancouver

Last edited:

Piyaali

Jan 28, 2019
Seattle
Category........
FSW
Does your SIN start with a "9". ? Did you go to Service Canada and get a new SIN to correspond to your new status as a PR in Canada versus as a worker on a permit. You had mentioned in a earlier posting that you were going to get the new SIN when you landed for that week in Vancouver
No, my SIN doesn't start with "9". I did go to Service Canada and got the SIN the same day as I landed and got my status as PR.