+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN during pandemic

Captain789

May 27, 2018
Hello everyone,

Can anyone please share their SIN experience (received through the online application) during the pandemic?

I read that they do not accept the airbnb bookings or do they?

Few more questions:
1. What type of the document have you provided as the Secondary proof-of-identity document?
2. Proof of address - can you give me a tip about what's best to provide here?
I was planning to book places only through airbnb because this year is clearly not the best time to visit apartments to get a residential tenancy agreement/ lease?

However, in my opinion when you book a place via airbnb you can get a letter or document from a financial institution (bank statement) or

• a residential tenancy agreement/ lease
Which could be signed for let's say 1-3 months? When the airbnb host gives you the keys?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hello everyone,

Can anyone please share their SIN experience (received through the online application) during the pandemic?

Few more questions:
1. What type of the document have you provided as the Secondary proof-of-identity document?
I was planning to book places only through airbnb because this year is clearly not the best time to visit apartments to get a residential tenancy agreement/ lease?

However, in my opinion when you book a place via airbnb you can get a letter or document from a financial institution (bank statement) or

Which could be signed for let's say 1-3 months? When the airbnb host gives you the keys?
You can open a bank account and use the statement, can apply for a driving license and then use it as proof of address. No Airbnb host will sign a lease or give you a signed document, so that is not an option.

For Secondary proof will be your Passport. Primary proof being your signed COPR.

KIM2612

Mar 5, 2020
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
10-01-200-20
Hello everyone,

Few more questions:

Examples of acceptable secondary documents:

• a passport (Canadian or foreign)
  • a provincial or territorial ID card or driver’s license
  • any other government-issued ID
Examples of acceptable proof of address:

• a letter or document from a government (federal, provincial, territorial or foreign)
  • a letter or document from a financial institution (bank statement, credit card statement, mortgage contract or statement, etc.)
  • a bill (from among others a telecom provider, a cable provider, a utility provider, etc.)
  • any document issued by a school, college or university that shows your address
  • employment contract that shows your address
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/applicants-guide.html

Reactions: y2kunal

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
We used:
Passport
COPR
Bill from Longo's delivery
Receipt from AirBnB showing our two month stay.

Reactions: Captain789

Captain789

May 27, 2018
You can open a bank account and use the statement, can apply for a driving license and then use it as proof of address. No Airbnb host will sign a lease or give you a signed document, so that is not an option.

For Secondary proof will be your Passport. Primary proof being your signed COPR.
Thanks! One of the people I spoke to said that his airbnb host has signed the agreement, which he used in the application form.

BusayoO

Jul 3, 2020
Surrey, BC
Yup, like 10 days after, my wife's arrived in 6 days.
I applied for the SIN online as well and I’m curious if I was supposed to get an email confirmation that my application was received or just wait for a Letter in the mail. What was your experience after you submitted the online application? It’s been about 2weeks now. Thank you.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
I applied for the SIN online as well and I’m curious if I was supposed to get an email confirmation that my application was received or just wait for a Letter in the mail. What was your experience after you submitted the online application? It’s been about 2weeks now. Thank you.
All you have to do is wait, you get no confirmation or anything.