+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Simple Violations - Should I include in my application?

PTX001

Oct 25, 2021
Hi guys,

I'm new to this process so I hope someone can help. I am filling out the background information form and OPW. I do have a very minor violation for "simple trespass" in the US back in 2015 where I had to plead "No contest" in front of a judge and paid a $50 fine. Is that something I should disclose when I am filling out the eimm5569e and imm5710e?

The state were I received the citation counts it as a violation. As far as I know a violation is equivalent to a traffic ticket. Is this something that still should be disclosed when applying? Is it a "yes" in the box for "been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trial or party of a crime or offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any country?" Thanks in advance for your help.

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Yes, you should include it - and also include a brief note explaining it like you have done here. If you don't include it and IRCC finds out about it you could face big problems.

Reactions: PTX001

PTX001

Oct 25, 2021
Yes, you should include it - and also include a brief note explaining it like you have done here. If you don't include it and IRCC finds out about it you could face big problems.
Thank you, I will do that! I figure since it's a minor violation with a minimal fine, I hope they won't think it's a big deal.

Reactions: Underhill