10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Hello everyone! :)
I have two very simple questions, hope someone can help me out!
I am currently in Canada with a multiple entry visa valid for 5 years, and I also have a US visa valid for 10 years. I have been living in Canada since Feb, but I left for vacations with my husband for 3 weeks so my passport was stamped again 2 months ago. I will be applying outland soon (spousal sponsorship), and will be asking for extended stay to wait for PR with my husband here in Canada. My questions are:
- Do I have any chance of applying through Buffalo? This office is faster than my country of nationality. It's also closer if I'm called for an interview..
- Can I put my residence address as the address I'm staying at right now with my husband in Canada? Is it true I'd have to stay min 6 months to consider it my residential address?

Thank you so much! ;D

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
You may submit your application for permanent residence to the Regional Program Centre in Buffalo if you have been lawfully admitted to Canada or the United States for a period of at least one year.

If you cannot meet this standard, you must submit your application to the Canadian Visa Office serving your country of nationality.

I think this helps! Allison

Source
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/family_class-categorie_familial.aspx?lang=eng

I

iarblue

You can submitt your app through Buffalo as you do hold a 10 year visa with the US.As for putting down your husbands address as your residence im not sure,as you dont reside there.Your just here on a visit visa correct.You can have all communications from the visa office go to your husbands address.But for your residence on the forms,i think you have to put down where your a resident of.
But if you have been here for more than 6 months at his address i think you can.You will need police reports from the US, your home residence and Canada if you have been here more than 6 months.And anywhere else you have stayed for more than 6 months.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Thank you so much for the helpful and quick answers!
I'm still a little confused though, my US visitor visa is valid for 10 years, but from what I know, I'm not able to stay in the US for longer than 6 months per entry. How does this work? Would I still be eligible to apply through buffalo? It seems so convenient as my hubby could come with me to the interview.
What if I ask for an extended stay for 1 year in Canada, would this make me eligible? Or is this option only for people who have visas to study/work here valid for longer than 1 year? I just can't find this information anywhere :(
Do the police certificates need to be translated into English? Where can I have this done? (Would it be ok to do this here in Canada?)
Oh and also, do I have to live in canada continuously for 6 months to be a "resident" of Canada?
Thank you again! Awesome help! :)

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
bonbon9 said:
It seems so convenient as my hubby could come with me to the interview.
My lawyer told me it's better if the sponsor doesn't go to the interview. From my own experience, I agree.
Do the police certificates need to be translated into English? Where can I have this done? (Would it be ok to do this here in Canada?)
Yes, they have to be translated into English (or French). It's OK to get this done in Canada.
[/quote]
You can put the address you're at in Canada as your residential address. You have to list all the addresses where you've lived in the application, so it's not like you're trying to trick them.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Thank you all for your responses!
canadianwoman - I read your appeal description and it is terrible! I'm really sorry you and your hubby had to go through that :( hope everything will turn well for both of you, good luck!!
I'm still a little confused about how I can apply through Buffalo, can someone help me out with this? Should I just send copies of both my multiple entry visa for Canada and visitor visa to the US?
Have a great weekend everyone! :)