+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sikkim Manipal University + WES

hopforSMU

Aug 30, 2015
Hello Guys - Need pulled me to this forum. Thanks for everybody's valuable discussion on SMU-DE ECA topic.
Has anyone got further information from WES or ICAS if SME-DE programs started recognized by these agencies.

I have written to SMU Controller for the explanation whether SMU Degrees recognized by WES or not. and if Not then What could be done so that WES start recognizing SMU Degrees. its been couple of days since my query bit NO response yet.

Please keep Forum Active.

sammrat

Sep 6, 2015
Hi Harsh,

I have secured an MBA degree from Amity University, and would like to know / connect to you in finding out how the Amity degree could be evaluated./

Please advise.

Thanks
Sammrat

Sep 14, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Just because SMU is not evaluated from WES. I am thinking to send my MCA to WES for evaluation. Do you think, I need to send my bachelors as well for same? I have done Bsc. IT from SMU and MCA from Madurai Kamaraj University.
As per WES website, you need to send your bachelors if you are sending documents for MA, MCOM or Msc. but they have not mentioned any thing for MCA.
Harsh, If you can please let me know what was your result as I can see your bachelors was from SMU and Masters from Amity which was recognized by them. In your evaluation, did they say Bachelors not evalauated and Master recognized or something else?
Seniors, Kindly help and throw some light on this.

Regards

Reactions: JLachungpa
Sep 14, 2015
Reply from ICAS

Thank you for your enquiry.

We will review qualifications from Sikkim Manipal University provided that SMU was UGC-recognized at the time of your admission. Additionally, if the qualification was completed through distance education, the program must have been DEC-recognized at the time of your admission.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your qualification meets our requirements.

Please contact us if you require additional information or clarification.

ICAS of Canada

Sep 14, 2015
Reply from SMU

Dear 520964293

This is with reference to your query dated Sep 12 2015 4:34PM India Standard Time with Subject line: wes not recognizing degree from smu

We have provided the solution mentioned below to the query you have raised.

Solution Provided :
We have already written to WES on this matter and yet to receive their response

hopforSMU

Aug 30, 2015
hi Everyone - Thanks for rolling up communication on this forum.

I have written to SMU for WES related query and waiting for response. Does anyone know if there is some way to follow up with WES for SMU case.

I have completed my Degree in Year 2012 ( Time when SMU was recognized by UGC & DCE) so i believe WES should recognize degree for that period.

Thanks again and Please advise further

hopforSMU

Aug 30, 2015
Hi Amit @amitsharma170787. Thanks for guidance

do you know any instance when ICAS has recognized SMU degrees

This Questions is open for all forum members.

hopforSMU

Aug 30, 2015
Seniors and all - if SMU is not responding then how we can approach them to reply in some way.

I am in Canada for couple of years on WP and want to apply for PR. Education evaluation is key factor in my PR application to get a call through Express Entry process. if SMU reply positively and/or any Evaluation agency recognize SMU degrees then i would get sufficient points to get call through Express Entry program.

as i said in one of my previous post - "I have completed my Degree in Year 2012 ( Time when SMU was recognized by UGC & DCE) so i believe WES should recognize degree for that period.", someone should evaluate SMU degrees when UGC and DCE recognized SMU.

Please help. Thanks in advance

lightofhope

Sep 8, 2015
hopforSMU said:
Seniors and all - if SMU is not responding then how we can approach them to reply in some way.

I am in Canada for couple of years on WP and want to apply for PR. Education evaluation is key factor in my PR application to get a call through Express Entry process. if SMU reply positively and/or any Evaluation agency recognize SMU degrees then i would get sufficient points to get call through Express Entry program.

as i said in one of my previous post - "I have completed my Degree in Year 2012 ( Time when SMU was recognized by UGC & DCE) so i believe WES should recognize degree for that period.", someone should evaluate SMU degrees when UGC and DCE recognized SMU.

Please help. Thanks in advance
Hey

WES does not recognize the degree from SMU because SMU has not taken ACITE approval yet.

And the issue regarding the degrees awarded by SMU-DE during court's stay order is now approved as per the court order and UGC already have announced the same on their website with "special leave to apeal" judgement by the supreme court of india.

Please visit below:
ugc.ac.in/ugc_notices.aspx?id=1186

hopforSMU

Aug 30, 2015
Thanks @lightofhope

UGC notification is quite long and legal language gone out of my head. Sorry - but do you know summary of the Court Verdict?

as i said earlier - my MBA degree is in 2012 form SMU when its was recognized by UGC and DEC. does ICAS will do a positive evaluation for this case..

To all FOum members - Please advise if some one has evaluated SMU degree from ICAS.

Thank you

Starkane

Star Member
Dec 31, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those who are in dilemma about the sikkim manipal university degree being accepted for FSW program or not. Then kindly contact ICAS as my friend got this reply for his query :-

We will review a distance education qualification awarded by Sikkim Manipal University, provided that the following requirements are met:

- SMU must have been UGC-recognized at the time of your admission

- The program must have been DEC-recognized at the time of your admission

ICAS of Canada

Take care..

NJ_SKG

Nov 24, 2014
Dear Starkane,

It's a good news for all of us.
Thank you for bring it to our attention.

Thanks,
SKG

Starkane said:
For those who are in dilemma about the sikkim manipal university degree being accepted for FSW program or not. Then kindly contact ICAS as my friend got this reply for his query :-

We will review a distance education qualification awarded by Sikkim Manipal University, provided that the following requirements are met:

- SMU must have been UGC-recognized at the time of your admission

- The program must have been DEC-recognized at the time of your admission

ICAS of Canada

Take care..

hopforSMU

Aug 30, 2015
Thanks for providing info. so far i hear no one who has successfully got SMU DE degrees evaluation from ICAS but still ICAS response is supportive.

Can any one provide the SUM - UGC and DEC reorganization documents during year of 2009/2010 - 2011/2012. Earlier these docs were available on SMU DE website but now nothing as such is there.

i also sent emai to university controllers regarding the same but no Response. Anyone Please help.