+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Significant delay for AOR since C6 was passed but before 3/5

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
I noted that since C6 was passed AOR time has increased significantly. People applied in Jan and Feb used to receive AOR in a week or 2 but now it has become nearly 2 months just to receive AOR. Is this because of people rushing to apply before floodgate open for 3/5?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I noted that since C6 was passed AOR time has increased significantly. People applied in Jan and Feb used to receive AOR in a week or 2 but now it has become nearly 2 months just to receive AOR. Is this because of people rushing to apply before floodgate open for 3/5?
It is expected to happen with or without C-6. The fast processing was largely due to the gap created by c-24, with one additional year added to the requirement and no pre-PR credit , a lot of people have to wait for 1-2 more years to qualify, now the number of applications have gone up, simply because these people have caught up on the time they needed to accumulate. The 1-2 weeks for AOR was only temporary because of that

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
It is expected to happen with or without C-6. The fast processing was largely due to the gap created by c-24, with one additional year added to the requirement and no pre-PR credit , a lot of people have to wait for 1-2 more years to qualify, now the number of applications have gone up, simply because these people have caught up on the time they needed to accumulate. The 1-2 weeks for AOR was only temporary because of that
Good catch! C24 suddenly removed large number of people from being eligible, now it is catching up. C6 3/5 will be opposite as it suddenly add a whole bunch of eligible people. Citizenship processing time for sure will increase proportionally as no more citizenship judge hired or replace. Many areas have very few citizenship judges

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I don't think there is much "rushing to apply ", the only people that are rushing and are able to be "rushing", are those who have just passed the 4-year mark and really want to have citizenship as soon as possible , the rest would be the majority , who have not accumulated enough days yet, and even if they really want to "rush" , there is just no way they can

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't forget vacation time too - if you look at November and December trackers, you will see super long AORs too. And this was long before Royal ascent for the bill. Long weekends, coffee breaks, maternity leaves, vacations are all making a tangible contribution. Bureacracy is omnipresent.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Finally, another crystal ball thread trying to predict processing times and find reasons for it.

I heard that Bob, the guy who is doing AORs, is out of office for a month because he just got married and is on honeymoon.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Finally, another crystal ball thread trying to predict processing times and find reasons for it.

I heard that Bob, the guy who is doing AORs, is out of office for a month because he just got married and is on honeymoon.
I just love how people keep stating the obvious as if it is some ground breaking discovery, such as the "processing time will for sure go up" ... of course it will, but by how much is anybody's guess and there really is no point to keep guessing

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I just love how people keep stating the obvious as if it is some ground breaking discovery, such as the "processing time will for sure go up" ... of course it will, but by how much is anybody's guess and there really is no point to keep guessing
Yup exactly. The only notable fact is "processing times sometimes go up and sometimes go down". But there is 1,000s of factors that affect processing times, many of them being internal factors that are not even visible to any of us. Also, this forum and in particular the spreadsheet has an insane selection bias. Plus, correlation does not imply causation. But oh well...

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Yup exactly. The only notable fact is "processing times sometimes go up and sometimes go down". But there is 1,000s of factors that affect processing times, many of them being internal factors that are not even visible to any of us. Also, this forum and in particular the spreadsheet has an insane selection bias. Plus, correlation does not imply causation. But oh well...
I do not think there is bias in the spreadsheet, I see consistent data and trend and the average days in each period among the entries are consistent (I.e. No outliers)

Reactions: Katayoon

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
I do not think there is bias in the spreadsheet, I see consistent data and trend and the average days in each period among the entries are consistent (I.e. No outliers)
It actually depends on the total number of samples. You cannot state a trend nor outliers with very few number of samples from the spreadsheet.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Of course there is bias in the spreadsheet, for one thing, it is just a small number of applicants compared to what CIC received in any given month; also, not everybody is as anxious about getting the citizenship after sending in application, a lot of them just take the 12 months from CIC website as what they expect how long it will take, and they probably wouldn't even bother to put their stats in the spreadsheet; and additionally , many applicants don't know about this forum and their experience is not reflected in this spreadsheet

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hahahahaha, omg really?

The fact that you are trying to judge the bias of a selection by looking if that selection has not outliers/inconsistencies show that you don't know what you are talking about.

What you are doing is this:
- I say "The selection of dogs for your dog health study is biased"
- You then look at the biased selection and say "I don't see a bias, the list is consistent, there is only golden retrievers. I can't see any outliers."
You have too look at the total dog population to even notice that there are any dogs that aren't golden retrievers. Got it?

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017

i heard today Bob had a baby son and he will remain out of office for 2 months atleast..sadly....he got paternity leave!!!!!!

Reactions: spyfy

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's a bit of a stretch to suggest there have been significant processing delays since the introduction of C6. If any minor delays have been noticeable, there are a variety of possible reasons - but I really don't think we need to be concerned around this. The average processing time is 12 months - so expect your application to be processed around this time. If it's faster, great - if it's longer, hold tight.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Quite to the contrary, or so it might seem. A friend of mine applied for citizenship at the end of May and got her interview in a much faster time than I did. I applied in March and had to wait for my interview until end of July. She got hers for next week. In other words I waited 17 weeks and she 12.