+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Signed only with family name?

Dr_Dentalo

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
I submitted an online citizenship application and did not sign my with my first name (left it blank) will it have any issue in the future?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I submitted an online citizenship application and did not sign my with my first name (left it blank) will it have any issue in the future?
Ok so, you provide passport copy and proof of identification with your citizenship application correct.
Are the signature in the documents matching/similar with the one you did for the citizenship application.?
if not don’t you think it will be an issue if the IRCC looking at your documents and the signature and will think if the applicant signed this form or someone else ?

Dr_Dentalo

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Ok so, you provide passport copy and proof of identification with your citizenship application correct.
Are the signature in the documents matching/similar with the one you did for the citizenship application.?
if not don’t you think it will be an issue if the IRCC looking at your documents and the signature and will think if the applicant signed this form or someone else ?
It is an online application, so it's by typing. Will it be a problem?