+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Signature on TRV- thumb impression

Deep1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Toronto
Hi,

Case:
For TRV forms IMM 5257, in the place of signature ,if the person is illiterate he would apply Thumb impression. case applying from India.

Question 1:
could u please reply do women require right hand side thumb impression and men require left hand side?

Question 2:
If parents are illiterate can their son or daughter go along with them to submit forms in VFS office?
do they require to fill up representative form? or just Authority letter would be sufficient issued from parents side

Case:2
For TRV, I download IMM5257 form ,filled form, validate and bar code generated, after that I noticed I did mistake in address column . forms yet not submitted in VFS office

Question:1
can I download again the IMM 5257 , fill up data , validate the form and generate the bar code?
yes no doubt I can do this , but my question is the previous generated bar code wont effect my application as long as I did not submit forms in VFS office?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
For TRV forms IMM 5257, in the place of signature ,if the person is illiterate he would apply Thumb impression. case applying from India.
Thumbprints work for a passport. Not sure if it is allowed for TRV applications.

You may want to consider having an authorized representative.

Question 2:
If parents are illiterate can their son or daughter go along with them to submit forms in VFS office?
Yes, someone can certainly accompany them to submit their applications to the CVAC/VFS.... in which case, a representative form is not necessary

can I download again the IMM 5257 , fill up data , validate the form and generate the bar code?
Yes, you can. A new bar code will be generated. Submit this new bar code with the correct application form

knnn

Jul 23, 2014
Hi,

Case:

Question 1:
could u please reply do women require right hand side thumb impression and men require left hand side?

Question 2:
do they require to fill up representative form? or just Authority letter would be sufficient issued from parents side

Case:2
For TRV, I download IMM5257 form ,filled form, validate and bar code generated, after that I noticed I did mistake in address column . forms yet not submitted in VFS office

yes no doubt I can do this , but my question is the previous generated bar code wont effect my application as long as I did not submit forms in VFS office?
Hi were you able to submit the applications or request letters with thumb impression was it accepted by CIC?