+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIGN THIS PETITION FOR CIC TO START WORKING ON UNPROCESSED CEC APPLICATIONS!!

Zapf

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016
Passport Req..
COPR 28-11-2016
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
yoshicn said:
Poojaree, even more... Immediate deportation and 10 years ban to enter Canada and US.
Yeah right. You really think Canada is like North Korea? I'm a US citizen applying for PR in Canada. I can tell you right now that I will not be banned from my own country for 10 years for signing any petition. If you are going to post a deliberately inflammatory opinion that you know will upset people, you better back it up with actual logic and evidence. Otherwise you are just trolling.

yoshicn

Sep 11, 2014
@Zapf, this was message addressed to Poojaree... Seems you did not notice sarcasm in it :)

Zapf said:
Yeah right. You really think Canada is like North Korea? I'm a US citizen applying for PR in Canada. I can tell you right now that I will not be banned from my own country for 10 years for signing any petition. If you are going to post a deliberately inflammatory opinion that you know will upset people, you better back it up with actual logic and evidence. Otherwise you are just trolling.

Zapf

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016
Passport Req..
COPR 28-11-2016
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
yoshicn said:
@ Zapf, this was message addressed to Poojaree... Seems you did not notice sarcasm in it :)
Sorry yoshicn, no I didn't realize you were being sarcastic. ::) My reply is meant for Poojaree instead then.

Stating negative opinions that will upset people ("Friends, don't sign this thing, you might be denied PR if you do") without offering any rationale or evidence to back it up is irresponsible and trolling. Canada is a country that supports freedom of speech. I highly doubt they will deny PR to anyone because they signed a perfectly legal and rational petition. Even in the worst case scenario, the petition will simply be ignored and PRs will be processed no sooner or later than they were before.

Poojaree

Apr 29, 2015
Unfortunately 10000 is needed for any petition like this.

It was me who suggested this earlier in the year but I got shot down. Now that I have got PR I don't think it is a good idea to get this petition going.

nicehoilove said:
202 SIGNED

can we ever get their attention...

Poojaree

Apr 29, 2015
CEC is most likely going to be suspended

Poojaree said:
Unfortunately 10000 is needed for any petition like this.

It was me who suggested this earlier in the year but I got shot down. Now that I have got PR I don't think it is a good idea to get this petition going.

Zapf

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016
Passport Req..
COPR 28-11-2016
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
Poojaree said:
CEC is most likely going to be suspended
And how do you know this? Please back this claim up with a rationale and evidence. Otherwise you are trolling.

Poojaree

Apr 29, 2015
intuition and gut feeling, appears you indos just attack anyone who you don't agree with

Zapf said:
And how do you know this? Please back this claim up with a rationale and evidence. Otherwise you are trolling.

Zapf

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016
Passport Req..
COPR 28-11-2016
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
Poojaree said:
intuition and gut feeling, appears you indos just attack anyone who you don't agree with
Sorry if you feel I'm attacking you. I just want to know your reasoning. You first said you wanted to start a petition just like this but others discouraged you from doing it. Then someone else started the petition, but now you think it will fail. In fact, you don't just think it will fail, you even think the petition will have a reverse effect and precipitate the suspension of the applications of anyone who signed it. It seems strange that you have done such a 180-degree turn from your original position of wanting to start a petition like this. If you are willing to offer a reasoned explanation for your change of heart, we would be very interested to hear it.

You also say you already have PR. Congratulations! Then you have nothing more to worry about. But I'm curious -- if you already have PR, why do you care about this petition at all? It shouldn't matter to you.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read this title again :

SIGN THIS PETITION FOR CIC TO START WORKING ON UNPROCESSED CEC APPLICATIONS!!

then consider it together with latest E status update :

I start processing your application on XX 2015 .

why I feel that update is used to answer back the title . so it means, this post have been checked by CIC officer .

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
joshi9 said:
SIGN THIS PETITION FOR CIC TO START PROCESSING ALL PRE JANUARY 2015 APPLICATIONS :mad:

https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-cic-canada-should-finish-processing-pre-jan-2015-applications-before-express-entry-apps?recruiter=358469952&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
Just an opinion - this petition is not provided with the CATEGORY. As you see there are lot of categories. Only for CEC the processing time is defined 12 months, then 13 months and now 14 moths. So this letter is very generic and not putting forward the CEC applicants concerns

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about this petition,

if someone tell you the old left CEC will need wait years to get result. now half Sep almost gone, still no move on Aug. everything looks suspicious now.

what will you do now ?

if we don't sign it , wait years, we failed.

if we sign it , they may just abandon all the cases and try to face blame, we failed too, but they may start handle it too.

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
yixiaop26 said:
How about this petition,

if someone tell you the old left CEC will need wait years to get result. now half Sep almost gone, still no move on Aug. everything looks suspicious now.

what will you do now ?

if we don't sign it , wait years, we failed.

if we sign it , they may just abandon all the cases and try to face blame, we failed too, but they may start handle it too.

I don't really get your point. CIC has been taking pretty much 16 months to process applications in 2015 (most april applicants got cleared by the end of July (of course many were done in june but at the most, the vast majority were completed by the end of July)).
Most applicants from May got finalized in August, of course a few still waiting but the majority seems to have cleared recently.
I would expect for August applicants to be dealt with according to those timelines by December (and hear from them in November with various requests). I know it is a long and frustrating process, but you have to look at the majority of files, not the few exceptions that are taking longer/shorter.
There is nothing that you can really do to make it faster and venting your frustration is fine and understandable, but to make your life easier, I strongly encourage you to do everything you can to maintain your status and be reactive when receiving inquiries or requests from CIC and....just wait.

Having unreasonable expectations in terms of your timeline will only make your life harder. It is very unlikely that the processing time that you can see for other months (by looking at their topics) will change (may get longer but even that i doubt it at this point, the resources allocated are very unlikely to change and the inflow of refugees will most likely be compensated by the end of the summer (less people taking vacations)).

Accept that you will not hear from CIC most likely until November if you are an August applicant and your life will go much easier, it will let you plan accordingly (work permit applications, vacations, trips, jobs....) and will reduce your frustration.