+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Siblings

Mahg

Apr 11, 2018
Hi
I am sponsoring my parents for 2018. For siblings who live at home but are not considered dependent where should I include their information.
The guideline is very confusing, I have a 28 years old brother who has graduated and is working but still living at home with my parents since he is not married yet.
1. I dont know weather I need to include him in the Main form( IMM 0008) or the family information form only since he is not accompanying my parents?
2. It mentions that all the family members are supposed to be in the application even if they are not accompanying the applicants and they might even need to do medical exam in order to be eligible to be sponsored later on or otherwise they might not even be let into the Canada.
Does anyone face the same issue? Can you please help?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi
I am sponsoring my parents for 2018. For siblings who live at home but are not considered dependent where should I include their information.
The guideline is very confusing, I have a 28 years old brother who has graduated and is working but still living at home with my parents since he is not married yet.
1. I dont know weather I need to include him in the Main form( IMM 0008) or the family information form only since he is not accompanying my parents?
2. It mentions that all the family members are supposed to be in the application even if they are not accompanying the applicants and they might even need to do medical exam in order to be eligible to be sponsored later on or otherwise they might not even be let into the Canada.
Does anyone face the same issue? Can you please help?
The Principal Applicants (i.e., your parents) must provide details of their dependants whether they will be accompanying the PA to Canada or not.

To find out if the child is a dependant.........is based on the answers to this questionnaire....
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/aod-tool.asp?_ga=2.199418094.1749896028.1523839780-597175139.1523839780

If they qualify and meet the requirements of a dependant child, they should be included in IMM0008 and IMM5406 whether they will be accompanying the PA to Canada or not.

If they do not qualify and do not meet the requirements of a dependant child, they should be included in IMM5406 (family information form).