+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Siblings point

Mujahed28

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hi ,
I got my copr in feb and will be moving to canada next month.
My brother made his profile but his current score is low so we were thiking to upadate his profile with sibling point ,and when I’ll land i can give him 15 points
My question is does claiming point early is bad or should we wait till I complete my landing.
Does he have to wait till i get pr card which takes 2-3 month or just stamped COPR will be enough
Thank you

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hi ,
I got my copr in feb and will be moving to canada next month.
My brother made his profile but his current score is low so we were thiking to upadate his profile with sibling point ,and when I’ll land i can give him 15 points
My question is does claiming point early is bad or should we wait till I complete my landing.
Does he have to wait till i get pr card which takes 2-3 month or just stamped COPR will be enough
Thank you
1. You can update his profile, only after you land in Canada as a PR. If you claim before that, it is misrepresentation as you are not a PR yet.
2. Stamped COPR should be enough.

pitico55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
You will also have to prove that you are already living in Canada. the below text is copied from the document checklist:
"
You must provide supporting documents to prove:

• your relationship to your brother or sister
  • your brother or sister's status in Canada (permanent resident or citizen)
  • that your brother or sister lives in Canada
Examples of supporting documents:

• birth certificates (must contain the names of the parents)
  • marriage certificates
  • legal adoption documents
  • any other documents that prove or describe the relationship between you and your brother or sister (this could include supporting documents to prove the common law relationship between your two parents)
  • a copy of your brother or sister's Canadian Citizenship or Canadian immigration status document
  • a copy of your brother or sister's bank statement or utility bill showing their address in Canada
"