+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling proof of relationship

jadam121

Jun 23, 2022
Dear all. I have a question. I have 2 siblings in Canada. Do i give proofs for both siblings or just proof for 1 and prepare a LOE for the other one stating that i am already claiming points with 1 sibling?

Aug 30, 2022
Received the following document request from IRCC. My sibling does not have any utility bills so far, he is in Canada physically and is working there as well.

Sibling- Residence CDA: Please provide proof of your Sibling’s Residence in Canada that is not one of the following: a Canadian bank statement, provincial driver’s license, or other provincial ID

Can anyone advise how they tackled this request??
Hi, were you able to get the PR and what proofs did you submit here ?

Nish23

Oct 19, 2021
1. Proof of Relationship (Submitting passport copies as it has both the parent's name) I have a Birth Certificate But my Father's name has Dineshbhai (mine) and DineshKumar (brother) -- is it okay not to submit a Birth card as it might create a problem?
2. Proof of PR (PR CARD)
3. Proof of Status (GAS BILL and Drivers License)

The question is what is required in Family member proof of status?? most people are saying PR copy is suffice!

Chihaz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
1. Proof of Relationship (Submitting passport copies as it has both the parent's name) I have a Birth Certificate But my Father's name has Dineshbhai (mine) and DineshKumar (brother) -- is it okay not to submit a Birth card as it might create a problem?
2. Proof of PR (PR CARD)
3. Proof of Status (GAS BILL and Drivers License)

The question is what is required in Family member proof of status?? most people are saying PR copy is suffice!
Hi. I used PR card for proof of status for my brother and it worked. Gas bill and the like goes to your prove your sibling's address i.e. that they are based in Canada.

Reactions: Smile24x7

Smile24x7

Mar 8, 2016
Neither did i submit any birth certificate passport did the job for me and it will do it for you as well
Hey YG96, just wondering how many months of bank statement did you have to submit? Appreciate your prompt response!! Thanks so much.

Nasach

Mar 16, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I tried contacting several people and read multiple threads to get an answer to my question. However, I couldn't find an answer. I really hope the seniors on this thread could help me.

My brother is working in the US. He applied for Canadian PR and got 'Ready for Visa' email last week. As soon as he gets his passport stamped, he will come to Canada (to a relative house) to sort out things like PR card, State ID and Driving license. I guess he will apply for the IDs in a week, and leave to the US to continue his job.

I’m planning to apply for PR once the above mentioned IDs are delivered to my relative's house. Now the question is, can I claim sibling points for my express entry profile? I know I'm being too optimistic, but wanna test my luck.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, Just read this and am in the same situation. Did it work out for you? Were you able to use CoPR? Thanks!

Sen_

Jun 20, 2021
Please guide me to upload the following documents.
(1) Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling - PR Card
(2) Proof of Residency in Canada of sibling - Planning to show bank statement, Phone bill
(3) Proof of sibling relationship - Inside of both of our passport.
(4) Family Member Proof of Status - PR card

Are the above correct?
Hi! May I ask you what you provided for the mentioned fields and whether your application was successful? I'm having doubts regarding the fields 1 and 4. Should I upload same PR card scan for both? Thanks!

Sen_

Jun 20, 2021
Hi. I used PR card for proof of status for my brother and it worked. Gas bill and the like goes to your prove your sibling's address i.e. that they are based in Canada.
Hi! Did you use the same PR card scan both for sibling proof of PR and proof of family member status?

rohit23564

Nov 4, 2022
I have the same question related to this thread.

On my whole documents my father's name is same with my sister (PR in canada). but surname of my mother's name is different. How this issue can be solved?

Last edited:

Chihaz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
I have the same question related to this thread.

On my whole documents my father's name is same with my sister (PR in canada). but surname of my mother's name is different. How this issue can be solved?
AS long as at least one parent is the same then you are good. You can also explain why mother's name is different and say but it is the same person.

Arshdip Gill

Jul 30, 2023
Hi Everyone,

In my brothers bank statement address is different than one in PR card and other government issues documents . I cannot submit pay stubs and phone bill since they have different name on it