+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling proof of relationship

amit8573

Nov 12, 2018
Hello All,
In my sibling PR, my place of birth and my middle name is missing.
Is it fine or not?? Rest info like DOB,parents details are same.

Boluwaduro

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Upload copy of Canadian or PR relative ID and address proof proof ( ID proof: Copy of PR card or Citizenship Card or Canadian Passport) ( Address Proof : Driving Licence , Health Card which has address, PR Card, etc)

+ Alsoinclude documents which proves that he/she is your blood relative ( Example: In case of siblings your birth certificate and Candian/PR birth certificate should have same parents details , similarly you and your siblings passport should have same parents name , etc )
What If the sibling is a. Cousin, though they have the same surnames but different parents names on their birth certificate? What would they need?

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........
What If the sibling is a. Cousin, though they have the same surnames but different parents names on their birth certificate? What would they need?
Then You can’t claim...as per law atleast one parent should be belong to each other. Only blood relative can claim those points. What about the passports and home address ??

Reactions: Boluwaduro

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........
Points for siblings in Canada
You can now earn 15 additional points if you (or your spouse or common-law partner who will come with you to Canada) have a brother or sister who is:

• living in Canada and
  • a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
To get these points, the brother or sister must also be

• 18 years old or older
  • related by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
  • have a parent in common

Reactions: Boluwaduro

kalani123

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Dear all,

I am trying to claim sibbling points as my brother holds a canadian PR.

But in my brother's passport, father name is mentioned as XXX (i.e., only fathers first name)

In my passport, father name is mentioned as XXX YYY ZZZ (i.e., fathers first middle and last name)

The case with mother's name too. Will this be an issue? Can any other document be provided like brother's and my birth certiifcate along with a LOE? or any affidavit is required for father and mother's name mismatch?

Please suggest. Thankyou.

samiisra

Dec 13, 2018
Dear all,

But in my brother's passport, father name is mentioned as XXX (i.e., only fathers first name)

In my passport, father name is mentioned as XXX YYY ZZZ (i.e., fathers first middle and last name)

The case with mother's name too. Will this be an issue? Can any other document be provided like brother's and my birth certiifcate along with a LOE? or any affidavit is required for father and mother's name mismatch?

I will recommend to prepare an affidavit and explain complete scenario in LoE. Since you are claiming sibling points so be careful with your documents

Reactions: kalani123

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Dear all,

Submit Birth Certificate of your brother and yourself. Hope the names are similar in that.

Also, submit an affidavit for your parents (each) for one and same name. Local notaries have formats.

NO NEED OF LOE.

kalani123

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Submit Birth Certificate of your brother and yourself. Hope the names are similar in that.

Also, submit an affidavit for your parents (each) for one and same name. Local notaries have formats.

NO NEED OF LOE.
Thank you preetsingh.

Actually even in Birth certificate, it is like in mine, I have my father name with initials like A.B.XXX whereas in my brother it is just XXX. Its really messed up in terms of names because as you are aware in India initials are used and only firstname is important.

So even for my name, in WES it has come like "Applicant name is different than from the education credential" bcos my passport has expanded initials and degree has name with initials. So I am already planning to have a "One and the same person" affidavit for me.

As I am already affidavit for me, I thinl again keeping affidavit seperately for my father and mother will increase the affidavit count and it looks bit odd having so many affidavits.

Is there any other possibilities like, I keep birth certificate (which is mentioned as above),passport and a LOI for explaining the case. Along with that can I attach aadhar, voter id (which are government related) which has my Father name matching (without any issues) in both my and my brother case. Will this help?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

kalani123

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
I will recommend to prepare an affidavit and explain complete scenario in LoE. Since you are claiming sibling points so be careful with your documents
Thanks samiisra. I have explained my case again in preetsingh reply. Please do provide your suggestions. It is really difficult to handle the name issue.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thank you preetsingh.

Actually even in Birth certificate, it is like in mine, I have my father name with initials like A.B.XXX whereas in my brother it is just XXX. Its really messed up in terms of names because as you are aware in India initials are used and only firstname is important.

So even for my name, in WES it has come like "Applicant name is different than from the education credential" bcos my passport has expanded initials and degree has name with initials. So I am already planning to have a "One and the same person" affidavit for me.

As I am already affidavit for me, I thinl again keeping affidavit seperately for my father and mother will increase the affidavit count and it looks bit odd having so many affidavits.

Is there any other possibilities like, I keep birth certificate (which is mentioned as above),passport and a LOI for explaining the case. Along with that can I attach aadhar, voter id (which are government related) which has my Father name matching (without any issues) in both my and my brother case. Will this help?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.
Nobody cares what looks odd and what not...... Affidavit is mandatory if you have name change problem in your documents. PA, Dependents and Parents (if any specific document is being used in application)

Adhar, Voter ID wont work, only notarized affidavit will work.

Choice is yours. I have filed more than 1200 PR applications till now, that's what I can say.