+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling proof of relationship

Aug 5, 2023
Hi. I have recently moved to Canada (in April 2023). I am currently using my uncle's address in Vancouver as my home and mailing address and he is perfectly fine with it. I have my DL, health insurance, bank statement, payroll etc. with that address.

I have not yet established a permanent house or apartment in Canada and since I am still exploring the province, and want to travel a bit before I do that. I am mostly staying in Airbnbs which I change every 2-3 months but within the province of BC. In case of any verification or background check, my uncle can certainly confirm that I live at his address or provide me a formal lease agreement.

My brother is planning to apply for Canadian PR and I want him to be able to get those sibling points to increase his CRS score. I had a few questions:

1. My understanding is that while submitting his application, my brother need to submit proof of my PR status as well as residency in Canada. I am planning to provide him copy of my PR card, bank statements, employer payslip etc. Is there anything else that need to be added for sibling points?

2. Will CIC or CBSA verify whether I physically live at the address mentioned in my sibling's PR application? As I mentioned, I am currently living in airbnb's which I change every few months but use my uncle's address as my permanent address for mail, DL, insurance etc. Can this be an issue in the future or during the processing of my sibling's application?

It will be great if someone can help me with this because I don't want any issues with my brother's application. Thanks!

Farhan_24

Nov 23, 2023
Hi,
I am filling ITA now. I have a question that I have claimed points from my sister, blood relation in Alberta. and I have uploaded all her documents like PR card health card etc. One of my elder brother is in Winnipeg, Manitoba and other is in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Do I have to upload the documents of my brothers as well? Or I just have to upload documents of my Sister, whom points I have claimed? However, I have given all the details of my family members in ITA i.e first name, last name and DoB.
Please guide.