+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling Points

PavitraArora

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Dear All

I am presently in Canada on a work permit and is planning to claim the Sibling Points.

My Brother In law i.e. my Spouse's brother has got the PR and has completed his landing 3 weeks Back i.e. Starting December. His Wife came to Canada in November. Since he owns a Business back home he will be going back in January , wind up the things there and return back to Canada in March. During all this time his wife will continue her stay in Canada.

Document we have
- COPR
- Driving License ( He has Cleared his G1 )
- Bank Account - with his Canada Address
- They are staying at my Sister in Law's Uncle place so no - rental agreement per se.
- Sister In law : is yet to get a job.
- Notarized document - I will submit.

Any other supporting document I can furnish , please.

Regards
Pavitra

larack

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Dear All

I am presently in Canada on a work permit and is planning to claim the Sibling Points.

My Brother In law i.e. my Spouse's brother has got the PR and has completed his landing 3 weeks Back i.e. Starting December. His Wife came to Canada in November. Since he owns a Business back home he will be going back in January , wind up the things there and return back to Canada in March. During all this time his wife will continue her stay in Canada.

Document we have
- COPR
- Driving License ( He has Cleared his G1 )
- Bank Account - with his Canada Address
- They are staying at my Sister in Law's Uncle place so no - rental agreement per se.
- Sister In law : is yet to get a job.
- Notarized document - I will submit.

Any other supporting document I can furnish , please.

Regards
Pavitra
You can check the official requirements from your profile, where you upload your documents or from here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
in the section "Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points)"

Ideally he should be currently staying in Canada for you to claim points. I doesn't matter if his wife stays in Canada or not. The bank statement might suffice but they *might* ask for additional documents (this strictly depends on visa officer processing your case). COPR should be enough as per other threads on this site, though they ask for colored copies of PR card/citizenship document, as per the official documents required. For proof of relationship, both of your passports with your parents name or birth certificates should be enough. What is the notarized document for?

PavitraArora

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
You can check the official requirements from your profile, where you upload your documents or from here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
in the section "Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points)"

Ideally he should be currently staying in Canada for you to claim points. I doesn't matter if his wife stays in Canada or not. The bank statement might suffice but they *might* ask for additional documents (this strictly depends on visa officer processing your case). COPR should be enough as per other threads on this site, though they ask for colored copies of PR card/citizenship document, as per the official documents required. For proof of relationship, both of your passports with your parents name or birth certificates should be enough. What is the notarized document for?

Below is the response posted on the site , here they have mentioned about the natarized document:

1. Colored Copy of PR card , Or citizenship
2. Current proof of residence in Canada, Example copy of any one of these, Health Card or Driving License or Bank/Credit card Statement, lease/rental agreement etc.. must have current date.
3. Notarized declaration from you with should declare all of following:
- Your name, passport number & Express Entry file number
- Details about , how you are related to Canadian relative and proof.
- That your relative is residing in Canada and will have intention to continue to do so, until final decision of your application.

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
HELLO EVERYONE

COUSIN BROTHER OF MY WIFE IS LIVING IN CANADA AS PR
CAN I CLAIM SIBLING POINTS???

larack

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Below is the response posted on the site , here they have mentioned about the natarized document:

1. Colored Copy of PR card , Or citizenship
2. Current proof of residence in Canada, Example copy of any one of these, Health Card or Driving License or Bank/Credit card Statement, lease/rental agreement etc.. must have current date.
3. Notarized declaration from you with should declare all of following:
- Your name, passport number & Express Entry file number
- Details about , how you are related to Canadian relative and proof.
- That your relative is residing in Canada and will have intention to continue to do so, until final decision of your application.
oh ok. I guess this falls under the "proof of relationship" document which you need to upload. I just uploaded the copies of our passports, but I guess you can upload the passport/birth certificates + the notarized document. Extra documents wouldn't harm as you anyway have to upload the actual proof (i.e. passport/birth certificates).