+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling points (Canadian citizen by birth)

meghanacanada

Jun 4, 2018
My brother is a Canadian Citizen by birth. He lived in India for 15 years and came to Canada when he was 18. Right now, he lives in my aunt's house and does not have a credit card. His utility bills too aren't in his name. Moreover, he frequently travels between India and Canada. He will be in Canada at the time of my Express Entry application submission.

What document can I show as proof of his residency to claim the 15 points for my Express Entry? He has a Health Card, etc. Will it help?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
My brother is a Canadian Citizen by birth. He lived in India for 15 years and came to Canada when he was 18. Right now, he lives in my aunt's house and does not have a credit card. His utility bills too aren't in his name. Moreover, he frequently travels between India and Canada. He will be in Canada at the time of my Express Entry application submission.

What document can I show as proof of his residency to claim the 15 points for my Express Entry? He has a Health Card, etc. Will it help?
  • Proof of Sibling’s PR/Citizenship Status: Scan of Birth Certificate or Passport Bio Page (if she's a citizen), or scan of back and front of PR Cards (if she's a permanent resident)

• Proof of your Sibling Relationship: Scans of both of your birth certificates (yours and your sibling's), both showing the name of a shared parent

• Proof of your Sibling’s Physical Residence in Canada: A rental agreement, utility bills with your sibling’s Canadian address on them, bank account or credit card statements with your sibling’s Canadian address, and/or phone bills with your sibling’s Canadian address on them. (It’s a good idea to submit more than one of these documents, so that the 2nd can corroborate the 1st, and they should ideally be dated within the last 6 months.)

medwiz

May 25, 2014

So besides the sibling's Canadian passport and birth certificates for both of u...I guess if he has a mobile phone u can show the bills in his name...basic anything that proves he lives there