+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Showing Foreign work experience in express entry

Jan 22, 2021
Hello,
I came to canada in 2017 on study permit. While applying for my student visa, my agent did not show my past part time work experience (4 years part time) and I did not get bothered at that time.
Now, when I want to apply for my express entry I realized that you can get few points for foreign work experience.
My question is can I still show my foreign work experience in express entry if it was not declared during application of student visa. It was a job which paid me cash for part time during my bachelors. I have their offer letter on letterhead and admin assistant position.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
The experience that you did not declared earlier and that you now declare can be construed as misrepresentation, which can result into denial of PR and an entry ban of 5 years.

Whenever you apply for PR or for another status in Canada, your earlier files will be cross-checked for discrepancy and will be questioned, if there are any.

approvalplease

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
Hello,
I came to canada in 2017 on study permit. While applying for my student visa, my agent did not show my past part time work experience (4 years part time) and I did not get bothered at that time.
Now, when I want to apply for my express entry I realized that you can get few points for foreign work experience.
My question is can I still show my foreign work experience in express entry if it was not declared during application of student visa. It was a job which paid me cash for part time during my bachelors. I have their offer letter on letterhead and admin assistant position.
Hi jack, I'm really interested in learning how you ended up handling this.