+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Show ties to home country

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read some threads in the forum that people got their WP rejected even they had a positive LMO, mainly because the VO did not think they would return to their home countries when the WP expires. People suggest that one should provide bank statements or car ownership or property ownership in their home countries so that it shows strong ties to home country.

My question is, if I have provided all these proofs to CIC, but have not report them to CRA (eg interest from time deposit, rental income etc) in the current tax return. Will it be a bigger problem in the end? How do you guys deal with this?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
928029 said:
My question is, if I have provided all these proofs to CIC, but have not report them to CRA (eg interest from time deposit, rental income etc) in the current tax return. Will it be a bigger problem in the end? How do you guys deal with this?
Are you talking about your taxes in your home country or Canada?

Canadians are strict when it comes to taxes - that could lead to issues for you if you don't file them correctly

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Johnny31 said:
Are you talking about your taxes in your home country or Canada?

Canadians are strict when it comes to taxes - that could lead to issues for you if you don't file them correctly
I mean in Canada, all residents should report their overseas income (including interest, dividend, capital gains). that's what I know, but practically who does as a TFW? reporting $10 dividend from the stocks account in your home country?

But if I provide the bank statement as a proof of ties to home country when applying for a WP, it means I am disclosing my overseas income?