+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SHOW MONEY

satmigs

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
If I landed at the port of entry, do I need to show proof of funds or any financial proof. I am the applicant, outland spousal application.

Reactions: wchristenw

satmigs

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
You need to provide your proof of funds during the application process, well before landing.
I know, my sponsor provided proof of income, banks, etc. Im asking about me as a principal applicant, do I need to provide these at port of entry?

notgoogle

Jul 13, 2020
Dubai
no one knows, each officer and case are different. just keep with you an extra bank proof paper, wont hurt anyone.

to my understanding, the Sponsor has to have the money in their account, not the principle. the Sponsor is financially responsible of the applicant.

Yiceorenil

Jul 8, 2021
Typically, when you arrive at the port of entry, they might ask for proof of funds to ensure you can support yourself during your stay. It's a good idea to have some documentation handy just in case. As for financial advice, consider connecting with a Mortgage Broker Bradford. They can offer insights beyond immigration, helping you navigate financial matters smoothly.

Last edited:

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Immigration wont ask PA to show any evidence of funds, because your sponsor signs undertaking responsibility for 3 years. I was PA and so were many people in our group and none of them were asked about funds. Good Luck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Immigration wont ask PA to show any evidence of funds, because your sponsor signs undertaking responsibility for 3 years. I was PA and so were many people in our group and none of them were asked about funds. Good Luck
Typically, when you arrive at the port of entry, they might ask for proof of funds to ensure you can support yourself during your stay. It's a good idea to have some documentation handy just in case.
For proof of funds and ability to support your family the assessment is done during processing not at the POE.

autoscriptor

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
It’s important to understand the type of admission to Canada you make when you land as a sponsored immigrant. While travelers entering for temporary purposes would have some expectations to carry proof of financial ability to support themselves during their stay, immigrants are entering with the purpose of remanning indefinitely in the country. Also, immigrants have access to jobs once they land. So the treatment is different. While immigrants like skilled workers could be asked to provide documentation about the funds they declared during their application process, it’s totally different for sponsored immigrants. You are the financial obligation of your sponsor. You won’t be asked to provide prof of your sponsor’s ability to support you. Take it easy and good luck.

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
they ask is if you are carrying cash more than $10,000. They would definitely ask for proof / source of funds for this amount. They don't bother if it's less than this amount.

Another question they ask is if you are expecting to bring a large sum in canada ( maybe you sold off all the assets in your home country and bringing it here). Just let them know you'll be expecting XXXXX amount within next XX months.