+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

should work experience should belong to the field of study

dixith

Star Member
Dec 13, 2013
hi
i have done electronics engineering technology and i got 3yrs PGOWP.
but i got a job in IT field. I can apply undER cec RIGHT.i come under NOC 2171. The Employment requirements of noc 2171 says
•A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
•Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
•Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

.but i dont have degree in computer.eventhough i dnt have a degree in computers i got job and i am working as IT analyst.
does it going to be a problem if i file my appliation under CEC..

wessless

Aug 11, 2013
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
17-02-2014 RPRF/BIODATA
AOR Received.
12-08-2013
Med's Request
12-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
You are eligible to apply for PR under CEC with your current job. The employment reference letter is very important and 12 months of full-time experience. For CEC I've never read anywhere that your skilled job has to be related to your field of study. Others may confirm this as well. Goodluck!!

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Yes. You can apply under CEC. They specifically mentioned that you should have either bachelors degree OR a College diploma. If you have either of them, you are good to go. Good Luck.

dixith

Star Member
Dec 13, 2013
Goku said:
Yes. You can apply under CEC. They specifically mentioned that you should have either bachelors degree OR a College diploma. If you have either of them, you are good to go. Good Luck.
but i have a bachelors degree in electronics..i dont have a degree in computers

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
All that matters is you have Bachelors (doesn't matter in what field), and you have 1 years of experience in one of the qualifying NOC Codes in CEC. I have friends who have studied 2 years diploma in Architecture, and are going to apply as Store Manager. Education and work experience not related at all. But fulfilling the requirement for CEC is all that matters. They haven't mentioned any where that work should be related to your education.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers

JPMH_CEC_2013

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with file
I think you are OK there, as said before reference letter is important.
Because you studied engineering and are working in IT, its easy to convince the VO.
I guess it will be tough if your education or previous work experience just do not match your experience in Canada.

Ex: if someone has studied Mechanical engineering and worked in IT industry for sometime outside Canada, maybe 2-3 years and worked in IT here in Canada, its acceptable.

But someone who has studied sciences or something like pharmacy in Canada and working in IT, surely raises a red flag. Its tough to convince the VO on that aspect. The education and work experience just dont match.

My general understanding is that a VO usually looks for a loophole in the application to reject it and in my this a good reason for him to refuse the application.

Seniors, please correct me if I am wrong.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
As I said before as well that "All that matters is you fulfill all the requirements". It really doesn't matter if you studied something and you are working in some other field. As far as Your reference letter and other documents are OK you don't have to worry. According to what I think is "everything depends on VO". I mean " what I think is not necessarily what you think". For instance, provide same documents to 2 VO; both will come up with different things that's for sure. :)

dixith

Star Member
Dec 13, 2013
if i dont have degree in computers..(have degree in electronics)
what should i fill in the fields of
present ocupation= IT analyst
Inteneted occupation===????

JPMH_CEC_2013

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with file
I would put Intended Occupation as IT Analyst only....

dixith

Star Member
Dec 13, 2013
dixith said:
if i dont have degree in computers..(have degree in electronics)
what should i fill in the fields of
present ocupation= IT analyst
Inteneted occupation===????
expecting more replies from seniors...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
dixith said:
expecting more replies from seniors...
1. Read the instructions and follow them as best as you can.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp

2. Don't invent any rules that don't exist, there are already enough : )
If it's not a requirement identified in the instruction guide or document checklist, you do not need it.

3. Your occupation is not a regulated occupation. Only those who work in regulated occupations have to follow the employment "requirements" in the NOC.