+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should work experience counting for FSW 67 point be within past 10 years?

nanospace

Jun 20, 2017
Hello,

From CIC, in the minimum requirement of fsw, the 1 years related work experience should be within past 10 years. But from the experience description of fsw point counting, I could not find the requirement that work experience should be within past 10 years. Am I correct?
Thanks.

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
I do not understand.
qutoe
Minimum requirements
Skilled work experience
Your work experience must be:

• in the same type of job as your primary NOC
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • at least 1 year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

If you cannot show that your work experience meets the description in the NOC, you are not eligible under this program.

unquote

nanospace

Jun 20, 2017
qutoe
Minimum requirements
Skilled work experience
Your work experience must be:

• in the same type of job as your primary NOC
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • at least 1 year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

If you cannot show that your work experience meets the description in the NOC, you are not eligible under this program.

unquote
Yes, I meet this requirement. But my question is the counting of 67/100. In experience of the point system, I have over 4 years related experience within past 10 years. But I am not sure I can get all the reference letter. But if the experience is not limited to past 10 years, I can make sure I can get reference letters for more than 4 years work experience. So I ask if the experience should be within past 10 years for counting 67 points

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Okay. I see your problem. I'd say it's a bit fluffy in how they describe these eligibility criteria for counting towards the 67/100. I'd defer to more experienced experts to shed some lights.

Yes, I meet this requirement. But my question is the counting of 67/100. In experience of the point system, I have over 4 years related experience within past 10 years. But I am not sure I can get all the reference letter. But if the experience is not limited to past 10 years, I can make sure I can get reference letters for more than 4 years work experience. So I ask if the experience should be within past 10 years for counting 67 points