+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should Work experience be directly related to the Job Offer under AIP program

dahuge

Jun 8, 2023
Hi everyone,

Thank you for reading my post. My question is should the NOC code be same for experience(1 year experience in 5 years) and job offer under AIP program?

My AIP PR application was refused giving the reason that I don't have qualified experience. My background is mainly focus on administrative and financial management. But I do have some experience as a part-time (less than one year) pizza store owner and operator recent years and as a kitchen helper 10 years ago when I was studying abroad. I got an offer from NewfoundLand employer as a buffet cook. The requirement of this position is not high, as the food is not complicated to prepare. Also, I have some certificate for cook training.

Unfortunately, IRCC refused my application. The officer notes that "The applicant failed to meet the eligibility requirement of one year of acceptable work experience to be a cook.". I read AIP guide, I did not see any requirement that your former experience must be same NOC code as the job offer. The program only requires that your job offer level is equal or higher than your NOC level of former experience. My former experience is administrative NOC B and my job offer is cook NOC B, their level match.

I know the AIP guide also requires that the visa officer must satisfy that applicant must be able to perform the duties on their job offer. So, I also submitted document (owner and operator experience) to support my ability to perform the duties. But the officer still refused the application saying that I don't have qualified 1 year cook experience.

Again, instead of matching NOC Level, must my former experience within 5 years be cook (at least 1 year) to qualify for a COOK job offer under AIP program?

Thanks again.

Last edited: