+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should the funds declared in Proof of Funds EE be same when Landing?

migration2018

Apr 5, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I have a concern on the proof of funds section of EE, as I couldn't get a proper answer when searching online.

In order to meet the minimum requirement for a family of 3 (CAD 19k+), I will be selling my car and will show the amount in bank accordingly. I am planning to attach the sale papers as proof for a 1 time surge in my bank balance. However before I land, I will have significantly more amount in my bank account (which I intend to take with me) coming from a) Equity Stocks in an Investment Bank and b) a lump sum amount as end of service benefit when I leave my present job. However for the end of service benefit and stocks in investment account I cannot provide any proof at the moment, hence am showing a significantly less amount in the proof of funds section of EE.

My query is, will there be a problem on this discrepancy when I land, as in I declared much less source of funds than what I am landing with?

Appreciate any help on my query.

Thanks

lkva

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
Having the funds you declared in your application is highly advised, and you should definitely not fall below the minimum fund requirements at landing. As for having more funds on your account when you land - there can be many valid reasons for this.
You cannot predict how long your application will take to be approved - maybe 2 months, but maybe 1.5 years, during which time you continue working (and hopefully) increasing your savings. Following the submission of your application, you can also inherit, invest, receive a gift from family, get a different job with higher salary and bonus, you can even win the lottery - as long as you can prove that your additional income is legal, it shouldn't be a problem.

migration2018

Apr 5, 2018
So essentially, all I need to do is make sure is that whatever amount is specified in my EE profile, I am backing it up with proof with that this amount is available to me. If i show more than the amount specified in EE profile its not an issue, but if its less than amount specified, then its a problem.

lkva

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
In principal, you must be able to justify any and all funds you have on your account regardless of the date you generated it (i.e. before or after submitting your application).
Proof of funds is established and required for a reason; if you don't have the minimum required POF outlined by CIC at landing, that means you've failed to prove that you are able to support yourself (and family) when you move to Canada (unless you already have a job in Canada, of course).

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
In principal, you must be able to justify any and all funds you have on your account regardless of the date you generated it (i.e. before or after submitting your application).
Proof of funds is established and required for a reason; if you don't have the minimum required POF outlined by CIC at landing, that means you've failed to prove that you are able to support yourself (and family) when you move to Canada (unless you already have a job in Canada, of course).
If I'm going to use some of the POF money to pay the application fee is this OK as long as I replace that money before PPR/Landing?

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
On my landing no one asked me how much money i was carrying or asked me to show my funds. Although, please note i was still carrying the bank statement to show i still had the amount i shown in my EE application.