+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should one submit a temporary residence visa application for their spouse in-spite of submitting an outland spousal sponsorship visa application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have applied for the TRV for my spouse online. According to the IRCC website, the processing times for TRV for Pakistani applicants is 433 days. Is that correct? If yes, then what's the point?
That's an estimate. It's possible your application will be processed faster (also possible it won't be). Unfortunately all processing times have been impacted by COVID.

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
It's really impossible for any of us to say.

The chances of a TRV are unfortunately significantly higher when your spouse is Canadian since IRCC knows the person has an intent to remain in Canada long term.

What evidence of ties to her home country did she show? Does she have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK?
Lol she has never travelled outside Pakistan before in her life. She only got her passport for the first time a few days after our marriage i.e January 2020. She lives with her parents, she has a few private individual bank accounts back home and a joint bank account with me back home in Pakistan.

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Wow, they have sent a biometric finger print request and photograph request for the TRV immediately.

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Wow, so i applied on Feb 6, she received a biometrics request letter 2 days later, she completed her biometrics and photographs 4-5 days later and now on Feb 23, they have sent a letter decision made and have requested her to provide her passport. This was very fast

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
My wife has been approved for a 4 year TRV visa. What does this mean? That she can enter Canada for 6 months, leave, re enter and stay for another 6 months and repeat?

Also can the time she spends in Canada while staying and living in Canada, can it count towards her Permanent Residency?

sahra farhan

Aug 5, 2019
Hi can anyone give me some advice
My husband is in pakistan and me i am Canadian citizen i had apply for spouse visa application on
Feb. 11.2021 received the application
May 6th biometric done
And we received an email buy saying ur application has received by the Family Reunification Unit at the IRCC Office in London, UK.
Until now we didn't get any response from them
Can anyone tell me when they're gonna contact with us