+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I withdraw my application for extension in visitor stay?

norton85

Jun 9, 2020
Hi mates,

I am on a visit visa which expires in first week of July..Obvioulsy i cant fly out... so, i applied for extension in my visitor visa.

Now, I got an acceptance letter from a college...I can apply for the study permit from within Canda.

My question is: Should i withdraw my application for extension in visitor visa? How to do it?

Many thanks

utojamepark

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
I am on the exact same boat here except my visitor visa expires in august.
how would you apply your permit within canada? I was told it is hard to prove your country ties so it often get rejected. I am planning to return home and apply from there.

norton85

Jun 9, 2020
I am on the exact same boat here except my visitor visa expires in august.
how would you apply your permit within canada? I was told it is hard to prove your country ties so it often get rejected. I am planning to return home and apply from there.
You dont need to listen to everyone that tells u smth... secondly, if you completed a course which was a prerequisite to your admission/course as a visitor in canda, you can apply from within. Secondly, due to COVID no one can move out......or enter to his/her country...so no point of getting rejected...Being in Canada on a visit visa is good than bad..not all get visitor visa... so, obviously they are not going to question your tie and force you go back and apply...

utojamepark

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
You dont need to listen to everyone that tells u smth... secondly, if you completed a course which was a prerequisite to your admission/course as a visitor in canda, you can apply from within. Secondly, due to COVID no one can move out......or enter to his/her country...so no point of getting rejected...Being in Canada on a visit visa is good than bad..not all get visitor visa... so, obviously they are not going to question your tie and force you go back and apply...
I don't have any prerequisites for my uni or I have met all the prerequisites, therefore I can't do any courses here to apply for my permit beforehand. And I am also having hard time providing my bank statement (financial situation) from my home country, going with SDS is easier for me. those 2 are the main reason why I want to apply for the permit from home. yes you are right no one can leave and enter now, so I am kinda stuck here facing this dilemma