+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I wait to apply for US Business Visa for my parents? They have an open Supervisa application

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
I have applied Supervisa for my parents on March 20th. In parallel, I want to fill-up Form DS160 for their US Business visa application. When they come and visit me in Canada, I am planning to take them to US for sight-seeing. I want to start with US BV processing right now is because the current wait time for US BV appointments in India is around 9 months. So, i need to apply at the earliest to be in the queue for visa and if they are able to get a earlier appt date, they can get it completed from India before visiting Canada.

My question is "Is it a good idea to start US Business Visa for my parents even though their Supervisa application is under process? Since US and Canada share visa information, is it a good idea or should I wait till their Supervisa application is approved?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied Supervisa for my parents on March 20th. In parallel, I want to fill-up Form DS160 for their US Business visa application. When they come and visit me in Canada, I am planning to take them to US for sight-seeing. I want to start with US BV processing right now is because the current wait time for US BV appointments in India is around 9 months. So, i need to apply at the earliest to be in the queue for visa and if they are able to get a earlier appt date, they can get it completed from India before visiting Canada.

My question is "Is it a good idea to start US Business Visa for my parents even though their Supervisa application is under process? Since US and Canada share visa information, is it a good idea or should I wait till their Supervisa application is approved?
Shouldn’t matter but may want to ask on US immigration forum.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Seem to be missing the part about them doing business in the US. The reason for them seeking a US business visa can have impact on their supervisa application or their entry into Canada. Will depend on the reason for the business visa and whether there are concerns that they will also be conducting business while visiting Canada

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Seem to be missing the part about them doing business in the US. The reason for them seeking a US business visa can have impact on their supervisa application or their entry into Canada. Will depend on the reason for the business visa and whether there are concerns that they will also be conducting business while visiting Canada
The word business caused confusion. The name of US visa for temporary travel has business in it however I am planning to apply US B2 Visa which is for Tourism and Medical Treatment.
Most probably I will not get the US B2 Visa appointment in India before Canadian SV is processed, so can I go ahead and submit DS160? DS160 is the first step, and it is a pre-requisite to book a visa appointment.

My main question is whether filling up a DS160 and using it to schedule a US B2 Visa appointment will cause any problem with the already filed supervisa application of my parents?

I do not want to take unnecessary risks and just trying to see the feasibility of initiating the US B2 application process at this point.

Last edited:

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Comments from Anyone on my latest question.

My main question is whether filling up a DS160 and using it to schedule a US B2 Visa appointment will cause any problem with the already filed supervisa application of my parents?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The word business caused confusion. The name of US visa for temporary travel has business in it however I am planning to apply US B2 Visa which is for Tourism and Medical Treatment.
Most probably I will not get the US B2 Visa appointment in India before Canadian SV is processed, so can I go ahead and submit DS160? DS160 is the first step, and it is a pre-requisite to book a visa appointment.

I do not want to take unnecessary risks and just trying to see the feasibility of initiating the US B2 application process at this point.
No it shouldn’t be an issue. Proof of strong ties to their home country, savings and the reason for the visa applications continue to be what are most important.