+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I take IELTS again?

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Hello,

My IELTS expires on June and I have not received an ITA yet. Should I take it again already, or it is not necessary for now?

Besides waiting in the EE pool, I am following OINP, SINP and NBNP.

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhbin said:
Hello,

My IELTS expires on June and I have not received an ITA yet. Should I take it again already, or it is not necessary for now?

Besides waiting in the EE pool, I am following OINP, SINP and NBNP.
If you missed the last ITA by a whisker (difference of max 5 points), you can wait one month more before sitting for next IELTS exam.
But if you are no where near the points required in the last 2-3 ITAs, it's better that you sit for the IELTS exam.

I am not sure when OINP will open as they have huge number of cases pending from 2015. I got my nomination after an year.
SINP and NBNP program get close very soon, you need to be on your toes when you apply for them. If you are in the job category they require, then try your luck.
Wish you all the best :)

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
musicnlyrx said:
If you missed the last ITA by a whisker (difference of max 5 points), you can wait one month more before sitting for next IELTS exam.
But if you are no where near the points required in the last 2-3 ITAs, it's better that you sit for the IELTS exam.

I am not sure when OINP will open as they have huge number of cases pending from 2015. I got my nomination after an year.
SINP and NBNP program get close very soon, you need to be on your toes when you apply for them. If you are in the job category they require, then try your luck.
Wish you all the best :)
Thank you for your nice words. Yes I am in job category of both SINP and NBNP. But will they accept me applying with an IELTS score expiring in less than six months? I couldn't find anything on their websites regarding to this point.

GauravYadav

Star Member
May 11, 2016
mhbin said:
You should most definitely register for a new IELTS test without any second thoughts. Breaching the 450 barrier and especially reaching the 431 mark with 4 months of IELTS expiry is asking a lot.

So do not think twice about registering for a new IELTS exam.

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
GauravYadav said:
You should most definitely register for a new IELTS test without any second thoughts. Breaching the 450 barrier and especially reaching the 431 mark with 4 months of IELTS expiry is asking a lot.

So do not think twice about registering for a new IELTS exam.
But actually I don't have any hopes for EE pool, I am targeting the SINP and NBNP. Would it be necessary too?

And is there a rule for EE to have a recent IELTS score? I mean even if a miracle happens and I receive an ITA from the pool, my IELTS would be a problem?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhbin said:
Ok, but for what reason? If I received an ITA, it would not be valid for it anymore?
It's valid as long as you submit your eAPR before your test expires.

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
It's valid as long as you submit your eAPR before your test expires.
Probably I will have to take it again, but how about my wife? She has to take it again or is it enough for me as I am the main applicant?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhbin said:
Probably I will have to take it again, but how about my wife? She has to take it again or is it enough for me as I am the main applicant?
If you're claiming points for her IELTS prepare to lose those points if she does not re-take the test and the results expire.