+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I stop my native health/ life insurance plan?

Bhavikjazzy

Jun 3, 2017
Hello guys,

I will be arriving in Canada this December as a PR. Shall I stop paying premium for my life and health insurance in the country of origin? I am sure they won't be of any use in Canada. Of course, I will have a new 3-4 months health insurance plan in Canada before I receive the health card.

Has anyone faced any issues by stopping these policies?

Regards,
Confused Newcomer

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Depends what province you land in for the waiting period for health insurance. You can always buy coverage for the few months if you need it. As for your current insurance, you may want to review the conditions before you cancel. You may be able to submit reviews from foreign countries for a short duration after you move.

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Hello guys,

I will be arriving in Canada this December as a PR. Shall I stop paying premium for my life and health insurance in the country of origin? I am sure they won't be of any use in Canada. Of course, I will have a new 3-4 months health insurance plan in Canada before I receive the health card.

Has anyone faced any issues by stopping these policies?

Regards,
Confused Newcomer
I would separate Life Insurance and Health Insurance. The USA issued Life Insurance (I was told) stays intact if I move to Canada as long as I pay premiums in time.