+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I send my tourist visa extension along with my PR application?

ldissrh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
My tourist visa expires april 25. I have already applied for one 6 month extension in the past. This will be the 2nd one that i am applying for. I am also in the process of applying for PR visa through common law.

My question is: Should I submit the tourist visa extension application now? Or, should I wait and submit it at the same time as my PR application? Or, should I submit my PR common law visa application first, and then submit my tourist visa application extension afterwards? What will increase my chances for obtaining the tourist visa extension?

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
ldissrh said:
My tourist visa expires april 25. I have already applied for one 6 month extension in the past. This will be the 2nd one that i am applying for. I am also in the process of applying for PR visa through common law.

My question is: Should I submit the tourist visa extension application now? Or, should I wait and submit it at the same time as my PR application? Or, should I submit my PR common law visa application first, and then submit my tourist visa application extension afterwards? What will increase my chances for obtaining the tourist visa extension?
Hi ldissrh!

I think you shouldn't worry too much about your visa extension and when to apply for it. As you may already know you will have an implied status after you submit your PR app and it is not necessary for you to have a visa. However, CIC still encourages PR applicants to obtain their visas. Since different offices are in charge of issuing PRs and tourist visas, you will have to submit these applications separately and send them to different addresses. In which order you will do that - it's up to you. I first applied for the visa and then for PR, but I could have done the other way round. Just make sure you submit at least one of the applications (whether TRV of PR) before the expiry date of your visa to get the implied status. Good luck!

ldissrh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Wow.

I never knew that. So once we apply for the PR my gf will be able to stay here for the full year waiting for it to be processed?