+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should i send copies of my stamped passport pages?

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Should i send copies of my stamped passport pages?
The application only requires copies of the biographical pages.
If you wish to, you can include copies of stamped pages as well. In my case, I was about to do so, but then realized I have stamps that are not in English or French, and if I didn't provide translations it may just backfire and give them a reason to return my application so I chose not to risk it. Sometimes overcompensating can come back to hurt you. I believe they look at the passport during the interview on the test day anyway.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
The application only requires copies of the biographical pages.
If you wish to, you can include copies of stamped pages as well. In my case, I was about to do so, but then realized I have stamps that are not in English or French, and if I didn't provide translations it may just backfire and give them a reason to return my application so I chose not to risk it. Sometimes overcompensating can come back to hurt you. I believe they look at the passport during the interview on the test day anyway.
Provide what they ask, sending more may just irritate the person who had to look through it all.

They may (read: normally do) go through passport after test as part of the interview. For some people they do not, even with a lots of travel history.

Now if you have stamps that need translating, well you may wish to do that before the interview as they may ask for it there. Or not, as the case may be :)