+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I re-issue Police Certificates?

mike1992

Jan 29, 2018
I applied for CEC via express entry and I was invited on October 31 to apply for PR. I submitted my application on Dec 30 and I had police certificates from 3 different countries - they were issued on Nov 18, Nov 23 and Dec 10 from 3 different countries.

My application was cancelled due to a wrong document. I applied again. I got invited for PR on March 6 and I just submitted all my documents again.

My question is - with a 6 month timeframe from yesterday, could the assessing officer ask for new police certificates if 6 months from issuance have passed? Should I just get new certificates just in case?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I applied for CEC via express entry and I was invited on October 31 to apply for PR. I submitted my application on Dec 30 and I had police certificates from 3 different countries - they were issued on Nov 18, Nov 23 and Dec 10 from 3 different countries.

My application was cancelled due to a wrong document. I applied again. I got invited for PR on March 6 and I just submitted all my documents again.

My question is - with a 6 month timeframe from yesterday, could the assessing officer ask for new police certificates if 6 months from issuance have passed? Should I just get new certificates just in case?
Unless you have returned to reside in one of those countries since the PCC was issued (assuming you are currently residing in Canada), the 6 month timeframe does not apply.
The rules are here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Reactions: sumylili

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I think it all depends on the validity of them. Nonetheless, as long as they were valid when you submitted the application you should be fine. Otherwise just wait to see if they contact you and request that. If you can get them for free, them you might as well have them ready just in case.

However, if you are currently in Canada and you lived elsewhere, it would not make sense to update them and they shouldn't ask you for updated ones.

Does it make sense?