+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I raise POF CSE after passing IP1 stage?

dreamofca

Mar 16, 2017
Hi everyone,

I submitted my PR application last month. I've recently passed Medicals and IP1 stage. My BGC status is currently on Not Applicable.

I've only just recently realized that the bank account statement I submitted for my POF is a 153 days Savings Account Statement instead of the 180 days/6 months per as per CIC requirements. Needless to say, Im now stressed out about this as this is the account that contains my POF. So my question is, do you guys think it's necessary for me to raise a CSE and submit a new 180 day statement or should I leave it since my application has gone past IP1 stage?
Thanks for your suggestions

Aroonabi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Hi everyone,

I submitted my PR application last month. I've recently passed Medicals and IP1 stage. My BGC status is currently on Not Applicable.

I've only just recently realized that the bank account statement I submitted for my POF is a 153 days Savings Account Statement instead of the 180 days/6 months per as per CIC requirements. Needless to say, Im now stressed out about this as this is the account that contains my POF. So my question is, do you guys think it's necessary for me to raise a CSE and submit a new 180 day statement or should I leave it since my application has gone past IP1 stage?
Its better to be on the safe side. You should send the 180 days statement if you have it ready and is not a problem

nejitee

Jun 7, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
This bank statement thing is really giving me cause for concern. I'm also at NA and passed medicals too. But my problem is that the balance on my bank statement is now below the amount CIC requires for 4 ($22856). When i submitted the bank statement the equivalent in CAD was $23,900. I'm wondering if i should raise a CSE or wait for request of updated POF or just hope it scales through. Advice needed urgently please!!!

dreamofca

Mar 16, 2017
This bank statement thing is really giving me cause for concern. I'm also at NA and passed medicals too. But my problem is that the balance on my bank statement is now below the amount CIC requires for 4 ($22856). When i submitted the bank statement the equivalent in CAD was $23,900. I'm wondering if i should raise a CSE or wait for request of updated POF or just hope it scales through. Advice needed urgently please!!!
I would leave it as it and wait for a request of updated POF as exchange rates always fluctuate. The most important thing is that it was equivalent to the minimum requirement at your time of submission. It really is stressful though!

nejitee

Jun 7, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
I would leave it as it and wait for a request of updated POF as exchange rates always fluctuate. The most important thing is that it was equivalent to the minimum requirement at your time of submission. It really is stressful though!
Thank you for your response. It means a lot. I've been having sleepless nights over this issue. I will try and keep my bank statement above the required amount, just in case they ask. But a little part of me is scared that some wacky VO may just deny my application because of that. What do you think?

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Bank statement is not a mandatory document. For POF, you need to supply them with a bank certificate from your bank stating your bank balance, average balance and any outstanding debts. As long as you have submitted this letter, you should be good as is.

This is something I just copied from CIC page for POF (it does not say anything regarding bank statement) :

Purpose
To confirm whether the applicant meets the low-income cut-off (LICO), assessed by the amount of money they hold compared to the number of people in their family

Document requirements
  • The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
  • Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

Reactions: dreamofca

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
I know many candidates who just submitted the Bank Certificate (no bank statements at all) and they got their PR. So do not worry my friend, and wait for the outcome :)

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Hi everyone,

Of course, raise a CSE, rules are clear, it needs to be 6 months. IP1 was just a completness check and in second stage they check eligibility, where POF belongs.

AOR &timeline please?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Also, raise a CSE and explain the situation. Better than sleepless nights.

dreamofca

Mar 16, 2017
Bank statement is not a mandatory document. For POF, you need to supply them with a bank certificate from your bank stating your bank balance, average balance and any outstanding debts. As long as you have submitted this letter, you should be good as is.

This is something I just copied from CIC page for POF (it does not say anything regarding bank statement) :

Purpose
To confirm whether the applicant meets the low-income cut-off (LICO), assessed by the amount of money they hold compared to the number of people in their family

Document requirements
  • The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
  • Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.
Thank you kindly! This makes me feel so much more positive. Along with the bank statement, I had also submitted the bank letter detailing the above requirements

dreamofca

Mar 16, 2017
Of course, raise a CSE, rules are clear, it needs to be 6 months. IP1 was just a completness check and in second stage they check eligibility, where POF belongs.

AOR &timeline please?
Thank you, I've raised CSE about it as I chose to be on the safer side.
AOR 4 June
Medicals passed 8 July
IP1 completed 11 July

Reactions: astralsource

acesheikh

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hello Guys, i need a quick suggestion on raising a CSE for something regarding POF

my Timeline:

AOR 11-Oct-17
NA1 11-Oct-17
MEP 27-Oct-17
IP1 27-Oct-17
NA2 30-Oct-17

Q- In my application i have provided the following POF:

(Required Funds in my case CAD 18,825)

My funds:
Bank#1(Pakistan) CAD 14,500 apx
Bank#2(UAE) CAD 9,500 apx
Total CAD 24,000

I just found in some of the threads about the POF and rejections due to it.

basically i think i have made a mistake.

in my Bank#2 i have 2 accounts (1 Joint account which i mentioned in the application and one staff account in which i have a staff rental loan amounting CAD 12,500 and credit card as well which i haven't mentioned in the POF or LOE.

can you please advise if this could be an issue, plus what should I do in this case. I had the option of showing funds in another bank account in Bank#3 which was without any loans same like bank#1.

P.S my Bank certificates are just a normal Balance Confirmation Certificates on the bank's letter head stamped and signed along with the bank statements.

please advise.

abra1985

May 8, 2018
Category........
FSW

Hi, help please, when i submitted the POF was sufficient now dollar value has increased and Im short of 7000 INR,what should i do pls help.