+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I pay Fee to Stouffville College?

PrinceOfDubai

Jun 21, 2011
Dear Friends,

I want to do ACCA program at Stouffville College Toronto and applying online, I live in United Arab Emirates and originally from Pakistan.
I wanna know if someone has any idea about Stouffville College? Is this real or fake? Because I do not want to pay money to fake people on internet. Please if someone knows about Stouffville College then let me know. Grateful if you can give me some references as well just for my satisfaction.

I sent them email with my all details & certificates, today they replied back and said i am accepted for the admission. And also they sent me payment fee form as well. Where is mention i have to transfer them some money around $250.00.

But before i make myself fool and send money into wrong hands/ fake people i want to make sure is Stouffville College real or fake? people are only applying or someone has gone there in real life??

Please share your experience & knowledge, i am just worried. May be i will miss the chance if i will not pay the fee or may be if pay the fee but to the fake people.
I am stuck in the middle and wanna know what would be best for me the next step so please help me friends.

Would be thankful,
Kindest Regards,
PrinceOfDubai

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Answer me the folllowing qtsns.

1.How did you identify/apply to the college(Who recommdended the college to you?)
2.Does the college have student admission counsellors?-Make use of them
3.You mentioned they gave you an online mode of payment-organise a wire transfer from your account to the account of the school.

The money you have to transfer is obviously enrolment deposit.
Move fast to pay that amount to secure your spot and book classes and accomodation

MAY YOU SUCCEED.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
PrinceOfDubai said:
Dear Friends,

I want to do ACCA program at Stouffville College Toronto and applying online, I live in United Arab Emirates and originally from Pakistan.
I wanna know if someone has any idea about Stouffville College? Is this real or fake? Because I do not want to pay money to fake people on internet. Please if someone knows about Stouffville College then let me know. Grateful if you can give me some references as well just for my satisfaction.

I sent them email with my all details & certificates, today they replied back and said i am accepted for the admission. And also they sent me payment fee form as well. Where is mention i have to transfer them some money around $250.00.

But before i make myself fool and send money into wrong hands/ fake people i want to make sure is Stouffville College real or fake? people are only applying or someone has gone there in real life??

Please share your experience & knowledge, i am just worried. May be i will miss the chance if i will not pay the fee or may be if pay the fee but to the fake people.
I am stuck in the middle and wanna know what would be best for me the next step so please help me friends.

Would be thankful,
Kindest Regards,
PrinceOfDubai
I am sure that this college is not fake otherwise they would not be able to have a website and all without getting a gigantic law suit on them! Perhaps you can look into the following websites for more details:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stouffville_College
http://www.accahelp.com/general/573-acca-canada-toronto.html

I guess you can pay the $250 without any hesitation (maybe that's the admission fee or something). Why don't you send an email to them asking about the details of this fee (like what's the purpose of it). Alongside, to erase your doubt, you can send an email to ACCA governing body to see whether this college is fully accredited or not. They can provide you the best answer.

Plus you are the princeofdubai....why so worried about the $250? ;)

Hope it helps

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
I have found out an info that might be helpful for you. Stouffville College is registered under ACCA but unfortunately non of the colleges in Canada is ACCA's Approved Learning Partners (APL) meaning the tuition providers who have been approved ACCA for their high quality tuition and student support.

https://portal.accaglobal.com/tpweb/faces/page/public/tuitionprovider/searchtp/XXTPQuickSearchVO1Table.jspx

Use the above search link to find it out yourself.

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
PrinceOfDubai said:
Dear Friends,

Would be thankful,
Kindest Regards,
PrinceOfDubai
Dear Prince,

According to my knowledge Stouffville College is a private one. So it's better for you to select a Public College, b/z you will feel trouble in getting Work Permit, if you have degree from a private college. CIC prefer their own colleges. In most cases CIC rejects work permit applications, from the students having completed degree from a private college. If you are interested in colleges of Ontario Region, then go through the following link. You'll get info about all the public colleges. Take care.

http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/portal/page/portal/ONTCOL/FindProgram

I don't know whether there are different policies for ACCA, but whatever I know, I shared.

xmaanix

May 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stouffville is a real college but i totally agree with NIGHTROCKER.

PrinceOfDubai

Jun 21, 2011
Many many thanks for all of you guys for ur kind prompt reply.
Yes i sent emails to them and they look real only asking for the fee which is $250 . They said if i will transfer the money $250 to them then they will send me complete admission letter which i should take with all other documents ( passport, bank statement certificate etc) to the Canadian embassy in my country to apply for the student visa.

I think i am going to pay $250, there are options and can pay via transfer cheque bank etc...
But now i am reading the application form i downloaded from Canadian embassy Abu Dhabi website & there are some questions. Asking how much money u r going to take with u etc..
Friends i wanna know how much money i should mention there? Also can i show bank statement of my brother or company employer? Because my company has amazing bank statement full of money hahaha , can i show them that as a plus point?

I found Stouffville College in google search and when i was searching more then i found this forum and saw some questions regarding Stouffville College from users in this forum. Hope there are users who have experienced Stouffville College or got some info... Please share if have...

Looking for your kind suggestions please
take care all

akif

Jun 3, 2011
bruv stouffvile college is not fake but i wont suggest you to go for it....if u really wana study thn go fr lsbf Toronto campus...stouffvile college gt v bad reputation and faculty and othr stuff vise its v bad....if u really wana make ur future bright by studying in canada choose better college....

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
PrinceOfDubai said:
Many many thanks for all of you guys for ur kind prompt reply.
Yes i sent emails to them and they look real only asking for the fee which is $250 . They said if i will transfer the money $250 to them then they will send me complete admission letter which i should take with all other documents ( passport, bank statement certificate etc) to the Canadian embassy in my country to apply for the student visa.

I think i am going to pay $250, there are options and can pay via transfer cheque bank etc...
But now i am reading the application form i downloaded from Canadian embassy Abu Dhabi website & there are some questions. Asking how much money u r going to take with u etc..
Friends i wanna know how much money i should mention there? Also can i show bank statement of my brother or company employer? Because my company has amazing bank statement full of money hahaha , can i show them that as a plus point?

I found Stouffville College in google search and when i was searching more then i found this forum and saw some questions regarding Stouffville College from users in this forum. Hope there are users who have experienced Stouffville College or got some info... Please share if have...

Looking for your kind suggestions please
take care all
Ok about how much money you should show: the rule of thumb is you should atleast show an year worth of expenditure. Give the amount of tuition fee per year, amount of living expense per year (10-11k CAD atleast) and as much as you want in others (includes settling fee, air fare, etc.). Whatever source you show for your sponsorship, you should have notarized declaration by that party that he/she is willing to sponsor you for your study and stay in Canada. And yes you can show the bank statement of brother/company as long as you have notarized affidavit of them declaring themselves as your sponsor. But my personal suggestion (plus point) is that you show your full expenditure + proof that your family back in your country will have sustainable amount to finance you and themselves. This is where many people makes mistake. Like if the cost is $30K, they show $30K and VO rejects them because of the obvious reason that if all the money goes for your education, how will the family sustain! Remember, its fund "available" not fund "for your stay/study".

P.S. since you are prince of dubai, why don't you gift me a hummer ;D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Something else to consider...

Usually when you are on a study permit in Canada, you can apply for an off campus work permit after six months that will allow you to take a part time job away from the college/university.

However I don't believe that off campus work permits are given for students attending Stouffville because it is a private college. So make sure you have enough money to pay for your education without working part time while you are here.

As others have said, Stouffville is a real college - but it does not have a very good reputation.

xmaanix

May 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yea totally agreed with scylla

PrinceOfDubai

Jun 21, 2011
rhasan said:
Ok about how much money you should show: the rule of thumb is you should atleast show an year worth of expenditure. Give the amount of tuition fee per year, amount of living expense per year (10-11k CAD atleast) and as much as you want in others (includes settling fee, air fare, etc.). Whatever source you show for your sponsorship, you should have notarized declaration by that party that he/she is willing to sponsor you for your study and stay in Canada. And yes you can show the bank statement of brother/company as long as you have notarized affidavit of them declaring themselves as your sponsor. But my personal suggestion (plus point) is that you show your full expenditure + proof that your family back in your country will have sustainable amount to finance you and themselves. This is where many people makes mistake. Like if the cost is $30K, they show $30K and VO rejects them because of the obvious reason that if all the money goes for your education, how will the family sustain! Remember, its fund "available" not fund "for your stay/study".

P.S. since you are prince of dubai, why don't you gift me a hummer ;D
Thanks for all the nice info and i wish if i could give u the Hummer :D u r really funny made me laugh.
I am prince of Dubai only by name :(
If i were prince of Dubai why would i spend my time here on forum asking for the visa information. lolzz just kidding u r really nice guy thanks for giving me the info... i can give u only Ray Ban glasses take it from here 8)

PrinceOfDubai

Jun 21, 2011
scylla said:
Something else to consider...

Usually when you are on a study permit in Canada, you can apply for an off campus work permit after six months that will allow you to take a part time job away from the college/university.

However I don't believe that off campus work permits are given for students attending Stouffville because it is a private college. So make sure you have enough money to pay for your education without working part time while you are here.

As others have said, Stouffville is a real college - but it does not have a very good reputation.
Thanks a lot for the reply, Well i do not want to hide anything from you guys, yesh this is true i wanna get education in Canada but my main plan is to go there & work. Am sad to hear that i would not be able to to work while sutding in Stouffville :(

xmaanix

May 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NO I dont think we will be unable to work while studying in stouffville. I think there must be some way out to work and earn, if there is no way to earn while studying in stouffville then I think only prince of Dubai can go there for study :D